Plots Revelation and plots

As they entered a secret passage just outside the castle wall, Leila loaded her bow, and kept her instincts on high alert. Khila was in the back, right behind Ella, her knives at the ready should she need it. Deszo was off to the side, also in sight of Khila. "How much farther, Ella?" Leila hissed after a few minutes of walking, holding a dimly lit torch up so she could at least see where in the flames she was going.

"Not that much," Ella replied impassively, continuing to walk at a steady pace.

That annoyed Leila more than anything; it didn't matter that she had helped her in the past- she still helped Trixell kidnap her both as a newborn and when she was merely a child. After the second kidnapping, Narcissa had made sure to sign Leila up for self-defense; although it was her father that pushed her over the edge one too many times when it came to training- especially after what happened to Dracen.

Suddenly, Leila's danger sense spiked. "Behind us," Khila called throwing her a couple of knives, and soaking the floor to make it slippery.

Leila shot a few arrows- the flame of the torch brightening a bit before she released it from her control so she could concentrate on fighting- a couple of them ricocheting off the walls and into the backs of a couple of Tenebrosi.

Deszo manipulated the shadows to fight or to take care of a couple of them.

"How did she do that?" Deszo asked, pointing to Khila when all was over. Most of them had retreated after a few minutes for an odd reason; but there were a few bodies scattered around them.

"Vibrations," Leila explained, stepping closer to her friend. "When we're on solid ground, Khila can sense when someone's coming our direction. Beats having to look every which way when our Danger Sense goes off; before you ask why she couldn't sense it when your group snuck up on us, keep in mind we were in the grass- which absorbs vibrations sadly."

"Too bad it won't matter much longer," a voice echoed through the hallway. It sounded similar to Ella's, but it was a bit more maniacal. Leila knew it as Trixell's.

"Why is it whenever she comes around, you pop up somewhere else?" Leila asked, glaring at Ella when Trixell arrived, after calling the torch to her telekinetically so she could see once again..

"That explains the ambush," Khila said when she saw Trixell, despite not knowing what Leila had said.

"You can't tell me you didn't know this was an ambush?" Trixell asked, mock-sweetly.

"I had my suspicions," Leila said darkly, shooting Ella a dirty look. "But, you obviously knew I'd come whether there was an ambush or not."

"But of course, darling," Trixell replied, taking a step closer to Leila. "We wouldn't have taken her if you wouldn't come."

A scream echoed the halls, making Leila cringe. Trixell smirked, and Leila lowered her weapon, knowing she was beat... again. "What's Abraxas doing to Jenna?" She demanded. The bow and arrows would be the last thing they needed to worry about if Jenna died.

"Probably making her die a slow and painful death," Trixell smirked. Khila was reading Trixell's lips, and nearly charged at the older Dragon Witch, had Leila not held her back. "Although, it won't have to end that way if you follow me."

Leila glared at Trixell and grudgingly followed her, still holding Khila back in case her temper was still over flowing.

As they reached their destination, they saw Jenna on the ground in what seemed to be a dimly lit throne room. "Mom!" Khila cried as Leila released her; racing toward her mother. "Are you okay?"

"I'm fine," Jenna replied. "Just have a bad leg..."

Leila could see blood trickling down Jenna's leg and thought the wound could be serious- if that bloodcurdling scream she had heard earlier indicated anything. A second later, a cool breeze came through, turning out the dim light that the torches created. "Abraxas, let her go," she said, knowing the great Malevolent Dragon was entering the room.