Part Eighteen

Suddenly the spirits started wavering, quivering though there was no air to make them quiver. Then, as if a giant gust of wind had just blown past, they all flew backwards into the vacuum of space.
"You knew that was going to happen, didn't you?" whispered Missy, staring into the inky blackness.
"They're all dead. Fixed points in time I'm afraid. No way to bring them back. Don't you think I would have tried myself to resurrect them? Do you really think I cared so little for them I didn't at least try?"
"You didn't for me when I was shot. I had to get my own way out of that". She watched as they all tumbled backwards, rolling and spinning, the thick purple cloud disappearing. Well, all except one. Missy smiled at it, holding on for dear life onto some misshapen space debris.
"Not all fixed points, Doctor", Missy lulled, letting him look at it.
"River... Of course. How could she stay a fixed point when her timeline was so messed up she appeared backwards?" The cloud was starting to disappear off her too, her thick curly hair poking through. Her hands reached for her wrist and with a crackling blue light, she materialised into the TARDIS, spacesuit and all.
"Vortex manipulators", she wheezed. "Great for getting you out of a jam". She still looked the same as she did in the library, maybe with more fuzzy hair.
"So, where are we? Ooh, new skin for the console room, and I'm guessing the foxy silver bachelor, Doctor?"
"Hello Miss Song".
"That's Mrs. Sigma to you thank you very much. Just because you changed your face doesn't mean we're not married".
"Technically it wasn't even a proper marriage", he muttered, seeing all of the womens' faces drop to hear he was off the market.
"Now, now sweetie, just because it was in a different time zone and on the pyramids of Giza doesn't mean it wasn't a marriage".
"How can you be here?" asked a tiny voice from the top of the stairs making everyone look towards it. It was Donna, slightly wobbly and clinging to the banister, followed by Ashildr holding onto her arms like a daughter would to her mother. "You sacrificed yourself for the Doctor".
"Donna? As in Donna Noble, the Doctor-Donna, The Doctor's Best Mate?" River answered and her comment about the Doctor's best mate being Donna made Missy lips curl in anguish.
"What about your parents? Are the okay?" he enquired to River, stroking her arm. This only made Missy more frustrated and he could see the blazing fire behind her ice blue irises.
"They died happy Doctor and I was with them until the end. They talked about you all the time". River held his hand as tears filled the old man's eyes.
"I suppose that's all I could ever hope for".
"We could go there... together", she murmured.
"Or we could go to Gallifrey", interrupted Missy. "Because that's what you really want, isn't it?" She had been forming a telepathic bond with the Doctor over the course of her visit and if was slowly breaking through. Missy had been blessed with what could have been thought as an illness in her home planet, and it never really worked when she was male, but now? This was a different story. The Time Lady had been blessed with the powers of a siren by the Emperor of Gallifrey after defeating the armies of Siber. That was the rules on Gallifrey, the prisoners of war would be stripped of their lifeforce and given to the three soldiers that the Emperor thought would be worthy of it. The lifeforce was thought to strengthen warriors and boost their regeneration powers. But nobody mentioned that it also granted powers as well. However now Missy was slowly drilling through the Doctor's thick psychic defences and then all the Doctor knew about Gallifrey would be hers.