Chapter 8

They sat in silence. She was unsure of what to say to him. He was angry, that's for sure. Which is why she didn't want to make it worse.

"Are you hurt?" he asked. He sat on the edge of the bed, resting his cheek in his hand.

"No."

"Did they do anything to you? Because if they did, I swear to God-"

"Doctor, I am fine." she sighed. "Are you fine?"

He didn't reply.
What happened before? What did Hermino say to him? What made her Doctor not even look at her anymore?
The air was cold. The whole damn situation was cold.

She walked around the tiny dark room. There was a little window carved into one of the walls. Too small to squeeze through though. Rose bent down to reach at a sharp rock that was laying around.

"What are you doing?" the Doctor asked, still not facing her.

Does he have an eye in the back of his head?

"Well, since you're ignoring me and not telling me anything" she took a tighter grip of the rock "I thought it would be a good idea to cut this dress. I can't move in it."

"Hm."

"Doctor?" she searched for his eyes.

He didn't reply.

"Doctor? Why are you ignoring me?!"

"I am not ignoring you."

"Yes you are! You are ignoring me. Doctor, if I have done something wrong, I am sorry. But please do-"

"Who told you you did something wrong?"

"Then why aren't you even looking at me?!" she yelled.

"Because I don't deserve it, Rose!! I don't deserve looking at you! I don't deserve being near you! I don't deserve even calling out your name!!"

Her eyes widened in shock. What?

"I don't deserve you, Rose." he continued. "Can't you see? Everytime you travel with me and everytime we visit new places..you're in danger. I just.. I don't want to see the woman that I lo-" he stopped. "I hate myself for it. And I want you to hate me. Because that's what I deserve. To be hated."

The girl shook her head in disapproval. What was he even talking about? Why is he saying that? He should be sprint right now. He is the man who should jump and start to sonic the walls. To find a way out. To escape and save the day. Again. And again. And..again .

"Doctor.." she sat beside him, laying a hand on his shoulder.

"Rose, n-"

"Doctor, look at me."

"No."

"Look at me! Please, Doctor. Just..do." she begged pressing her forehead on his chest.

"Rose, I told you that-"

"Why are you doing this to me? Why Doctor? Why are you toying with me like this? What have I done wrong? Why are you punishing me like this?" Rose kept her head against his chest, breathing in the sweet smell of perfume he was using "You're the one who can't see it. You're the one who can't possibly realize. I am the one who doesn't deserve you, Doctor.. Who am I?.. A girl from a shop. Who are you?.. A Time Lord. I should be the one who shouldn't even call out your name, I should be the one who shouldn't touch you right now.."

Rose pressed one hand on the right side of his chest, feeling the beating of the Doctor's heart.

"I am the one who shouldn't feel this...But I would lie if I told you I hate it."

He gently brushed some hair off her face, tilting her head up. Yes. He was finally looking at her. Straight into her eyes. And he was beautiful.. Oh, how much she loved this man, but couldn't say it. It was impossible.

"Doctor, you gave me all of this. You showed me the Universe and you made me see the time and space. Please don't blame yourself. If you want someone to blame, blame me! And tell me that we're going to escape and save the day. Like we always do."

He smiled.

"We will, Rose. I'm not good at promises, but this time, I promise you we'll get out and fix it. Now" he slowly pushed her away. "Let me help you cut this dress. It's not good for the running."

"I love the running." she smiled.

"Me too."

Rose sat down on the bed as the Doctor took the rock into his hands and started to cut and cut..and cut, until the dress was finally shorter.

"Wait a second." he said, taking her shoes off and sonicking them. "Made them more...comfortable. Now it's better."

She gave him an amused laugh.

"Now, miss Cinderella." he looked her in the eye "May I have the honor and put your shoe on?"

"A kind of a disaster Cinderella, Doctor." she laughed. "Are you gonna to tell me what happened?" she turned towards him. "Who was that man? What did he tell you?"

"I'm not sure who he is, but let me tell you a little story, Rose."

She leaned her head on his shoulder as he grabbed one of her hands and tenderly squeezed it.

"Well, when I say short I mean long. You know what I mean. So it is going to take some time. Be..patient."

Hi, guys! How do you like this chapter? :D Tell me what you think and don't forget to vote ^_^ It helps me a lot and keeps me on writing.
Allons-y!

🌹bluemerry_berry🌹