Chapter 15

The sad voice whose words made Rose question her reality, faded away slowly, its phrases still lingering around her head.
What was this thing? Who was this thing? Who was the Doctor and why the hell was it insulting the most beautiful and graceful person in the world? The King wasn't bad. The King was kind, friendly and ready to offer her his love. And there was nothing in this world to stop it.

Nothing.

She was obviously going crazy.

She placed her hand on her forehead and leaned against the window. This was madness; ghosts don't exist, the only thing she believed into, was how hard and unfair the world was. Such things like paranormal and aliens were just children's stories. Horror stories.

She would've lied if she said something wasn't odd though, but she couldn't, or rather didn't want to agree with the fact that the King was bad. Her love for him increased every day. Every moment spending thinking about him drove her mad.

Could it really be that all was a lie?

"Nah.." she whispered as she walked out the door, her hands rubbing themselves as she stepped through the castle.
It was a bit colder today, even if the sun was bright and shiny, the wind was turning cold.

Just as her thoughts at that moment.

"Good morning, miss!" a ginger kid greeted her as he offered her a beautiful and pink rose, its sweet smell flying around her nose.

"Good morning, sweetheart!" the girl smiled "Thank you. Why are you giving it to me?"

" The King sent me with it, miss. His Majesty said he chose the most beautiful flower, just like his future wife."

She felt both her cheeks flush as the kid stepped away. Rose took a last look at the rose, then pressed it at her chest, carefully, not to hurt herself.

"Like I said" she giggled "He is not no good."

Rose looked at the sky, the corner of her mouth cracking a wider and wider smile. She led herself towards the stables. She chose a dark brown horse and hopped on the saddle, took the reins into her hands and started riding.

She smelled the freshness in the air. It was still bright outside, and a stroll was something she needed.
She wasn't planning on going too far. Even though she has always been a 'wander off' girl. But it wasn't her fault if you think about it. Rose Marion Tyler always loved the idea of traveling and seeing the whole world. Sadly, there was nobody in her way to make that dream come true; the best solution was to let God lead her on the road that she was supposed to be on.

"Where are you taking me, big fella'?" Rose stroke the horse.

The two wandered around the forest. She used to do it as a kid all the time; back when she had this imaginary friend. He was a peculiar character, that friend of hers. 
To her dissapointment though, she couldn't remember his face or name anymore. As said, she was just a little kid. But what she still remembered...oh, that gray stick. A stick with a little blue sphere, just like a rock, right on top of it. Her imaginary friend used to carry it everywhere with him, and just by pressing  a little button in the middle, he could make it light up. Like a magic wand.

And that was all. 

Fairy tales.

"Believe me or not" she spoke to the horse "I used to be so creative..to have such an imagination. I don't understand what had happened to my old self." Rose sighed "Do you think I got too old, fella'? " she waited for a second. "....Like you're gonna answer it." she laughed.

The more they deepened into the forest, the darker it became. And colder. She looked up to what seemed to be the sky, the trees were however covering it all. Maybe she should go back.
Something was off here. Something felt like trying to reach out to her, call her out. But she couldn't hear any voice.

"Hello?" Rose took a tighter grip of the reins "Is anybody there?"

It lasted a few minutes until she let out a sigh of relief as nothing was heard.

"Come on then, buddy. Let's go." she tried to put themselves into moving, but the horse wouldn't start budge. In fact, the horse even gave her a huff, protesting.

"Oi! I thought we were friends! Come on, littl' Rudolph! Take me home. I am starting to get hungry, I haven't had breakfeast today."

This time they started moving, but into the another direction. Deeper and deeper. And..deeper.

"Stop!" she demanded. "Stop, horse!! Where are you going? Stop, I said!!"

The animal didn't listen to her yelling. Like it was trying to find something, someone, somehow. Rose thought for a moment it got crazy. No..She didn't just think it. She was sure of it!
The bloody creature would not take no for an answer. It started galloping. Fast. If Rose even thought of letting go, she'd get hurt. 

It was at that time when she realized it was a good moment to give up. All she wanted was to stop it and just go back to the castle. Her heart beats increased with fear as she held onto the reins, her so told friend jumping over rocks and dangerous obstacles. It was at that time when she thought she was going to die, hit her head against a stone, or even worse, get killed by a wolf or a bear, and become their meal.

No. This was wrong. Not after everything. Not after the King finally wanted her as his wife. Not after all of that.

Bloody horse!

What the hell was it doing?! Where was it going!?

She fearfully closed her eyes as the running stopped and the animal abruptly sent her flying forwards, right towards the nothingness. Towards the pitch black hole where she could not see a thing, but to her disgust, feel. For a few seconds she rolled like a ball on the cold and wet ground; and when everything stopped, she gasped for air in pain.

"Bloody hell!!" Rose yelled. She seemed to be hurt. She reached for the root of a tree and tried standing up, failing. Her leg was hurt, that was for sure. "Blimey."

She shook her head a few times before looking up. And if Rose Tyler thought she saw everything, this was about to take her breath away forever.