Chapter 9

"Everybody knows when everybody dies, Rose. Everyone gets to be born, to have a life, a family, friends. Even enemies." he had a sad smile on his face. "I wish you could've seen my planet the way I seen it. Let's say there was this Time Lord. Young. Very young. He was just tasting the splendor of his time senses, time travel, galaxies and aliens. It was that time when he was just opening his eyes, fighting in life and wondering. His heart was so fresh and his mind so naïve. He believed everything he was told and everyone who lied to him. He grew up having no friends. He grew up starting to think that, the world is just a prison, where you can not longer be the one you want to. But just then, when he couldn't believe in it anymore, a light appeared. A friend. A very good friend, who was always beside him. Let's call him... the Master. The Master knew almost everything about the heartbroken Time Lord and helped him get out from that hole of loneliness. He trusted him with his life, but every dream has to end sometimes. The..Master did a very very bad thing. He proved himself that he wasn't that friend anymore. That he changed and forgot the past. That's when the Time Lord couldn't take it anymore, and ran away. He even stole something very precious to go back in time, face away from the problems, in the whole universe and space. And he did that for a long time. And is still doing it. But the Master..the Master will always remain one of his biggest enemies. The one who wants to always win. The one who hears the drums. The lost friend."

Rose shifted her head to look him in the eye.

"Doctor."

"Hmm?"

"If you ever meet this Time Lord you're talking about, tell him that..the world is not going to end. Tell him that he may think it's over, but it's not. Because he has someone beside him, who cares for him and holds his hand. Tell him that he's loved. So loved he couldn't even imagine. Because she knows him, and she will never give up, whatever happens."

The Doctor pressed a gentle kiss on the top of her head. She burrowed her face against his chest. Rose knew who the Doctor was talking about and the Doctor knew who she was talking about, but neither of them wanted to end this feeling of mystery. Why should they talk, when they knew how the game was working? No. They weren't going to argue. They were going to listen to each other and hold hands. She wished forever. Even if it wasn't going to happen, she will hold onto it the longest she can. Rose Tyler, defender of the Earth.

"The Doctor will stand!"
Two soldiers approached their cell, one of them opening the door and the other threatening with a sword.
"You will follow us!"

"Wait! What?!" Rose stood in front of the Doctor, just to protect him.
"Where are you taking him? What do you want from him?" she demanded.

The Doctor squeezed her shoulder.

"Don't worry, Rose." he smiled "I will be back."

"And what if they are going to hurt you?"

"I promise."

"No" she disapproved "Don't promise. You know that promising is not a-"

"I promise, Rose. Believe me. And by the time I'm going to come back, I'll get the both of us out here. And I won't waste the time anymore. I am going to show you that I lov-"

"Come with us! NOW!" one of the soldiers dragged him outside the cell, then locked it, leaving the girl behind.

She sat down. What was the Doctor going to say? He never finished that sentence and if he was going to die, she'll never hear it. And it burned so much the thought of him being in danger. Yes. He promised. But everyone knows the first rule of the Doctor. He lies, even when he's telling the truth.

Oh, Doctor. What are you doing to me?

-

It was slowly growing dark outside. And the silence was even worse. Was he okay? Did they do something to him? Was he hungry? Was he cold? The thought of him being in danger was more than painful.

"Rose Tyler will stand!"

Her hopes grew as a soldier opened the door to get her to follow. Yes! This is it! She needed a plan, and quick!

"Where is the Doctor?"

"If you follow, you'll find out."

She nodded.
She passed through the gates of the castle, holding onto her breath.

Rose walked the hallways straight into the throne room, where King Hermino was waiting, in one hand holding a glass of wine and the other an old British watch. He was just sitting there, glaring, besides him..the Doctor.

"Oh my God! Doctor!!" she ran up to him. He looked perfectly fine, even smiled at her. But he was very cold and was giving a strange and confused feeling.

Rose hugged him warmly, taking a tight grip of his coat, then slowly pulled away to look him in the eye.

"Doctor?"

"I am sorry, but who is the Doctor? And, if you don't mind telling me, who are you?"

Another chapter! Hope you enjoyed reading it! Luv you guys!

Allons-y!

🌹bluemerry_berry🌹