+ Chapter One +

Chapter One | Song I Listened to while writing chapter, play if you want.

+ Evan's P.O.V +

"Pisst  Evan.... E-Evannnn." Groaning I lifted my head and gazed over to Tyler, whom was repetitively tapping my shoulder, his glasses reflected from the light as he gazed at me, "mmm... What do you want?" hissing by the light I buried my face back into my arms wishing I wasn't at school, man why didn't I call in 'sick',

"Dude the teacher is gonna catch you if your snoring gets any louder," he whispered and leaned closer to me, "you were moving around and grunting in your sleep, having a.... you know, erotic dream?" he wiggled his eyebrows and I growled at him and cupped his face in my palm as I pushed his head away, "Fuck off, I wasn't even dreaming." As I spoke my eyes shot glares at him, but he just returned it with a 'whatever' and small chuckles, shortly after being woken up I tried to get some more sleep but just as I thought my mind had drifted away, the bell rang for lunch time.

"Come'on mother fucker," Tyler quickly hit my back and exited the classroom, getting up I went to follow him but got pulled aside by teacher, clearing her throat she spoke softly "Evan, I know your not feeling your best... but you can't just sleep away from everything. At least pay attention in class, you see ed-" before she could finish I sighed and rolled my eyes "Education is vital and important to you, yeah, yeah I know. I get it okay." Adding venom to my tone I herd her sigh in defeat as I left the classroom.

I headed down to the cafeteria but as I approached the doors I decided to turn around and head to the opposite direction, sliding my hand into my pocket as I walked I grabbed my phone out and quickly typed in my well memorized passcode, after scrolling past some apps I clicked on the music note icon, then placing my finger down to click the playlist labeled 'Metallica',  the intro for the song started playing and I grabbed my headphones while plugging them in and pushing them into my ears I continued to head to my designated destination, keeping one hand firmly on my phone in my pocket, while my other hand swung freely by my side.

Down the corridors of the inclosing prison, I passed some other students who would greet me while smiling and waving, but as they did so I didn't make eye contact and gave then the cold shoulder, after moments of walking through the glossy hallways I finally got out the front land of the school, crunching out onto the dirt I head for the gates, constantly keeping and eye out for any patrolling teachers... luckily for me, there were none today, Smoothly sliding past the gates I acted less suspicious walking down the sidewalk of the streets.

Passing many houses I viewed each front, until I reached the park named 'forest tree park', not a very creative name for a forest covered place, breathing in the fresh air as I walking past the park gates and the one metal ghost town playground in this place, children never came here, there were always those rumours that these forests were haunted with something, thus causing no kids or parents to have a good time at this park.

Looking down to my shoe as I walked, the playlist shuffled to the song called 'nothing else matters' which was one of my favourite's, it was my moms favourite too... Crunching of leaves was heard faintly behind the soothing music as I stepped over the dying leaves and twigs that were scatted across the land.

Deeper and deeper into the woodland I went until my phone started vibrating against my leg, I ignored it, expecting it just to be Tyler asking where I was, holding the top button on the devise, I turned it off, my neck slowly lifted up as I gazed at the sky, taking a longing sigh... to be honest, I have a huge love for this place, I didn't class it as a park, I classed it as an escape.

I noticed I was at the specific tree I've been searching for, seeing the ancient dark oak wood tree's figure, that was spiraled strongly from the ground I ran my hands along the bark I felt a small breeze pass by, which rustled the huge spreading branches above me, leaves hit each other causing some to fall lightly upon the ground, groaning I leaned my back against the tree, this was the exact spot my mom and I used to come to all the time, and now she'll always be here, resting upon the soil and soon to become apart of the trees life...

"H-Hey Mom." Speaking softly to the ground in which my eyes made contact on the tiny heart charmed necklace that hung from a metal bar, which curled from out of the tree's trunk.

"Hope you've b-been doing we-well" my throat started to get tight as I held back the tears and memories of her... Unable to hold it in any longer, my body went limp against the tree as I slid down to the ground, tucking my legs close to my chest and burying my face into my knees, I allowed the fabric of my jeans to collect the tears that ran down my cheeks to my chin, whimpering and letting the salty water run down my face, my eyes started to sting as the memories seeped from my mind, "I-I miss you-u, so f-fucking m-much," my voice cracked and ripped at it's self as I tried to speak my emotions to the tiny silver charm, I tried looking at it, but my eyes were so puffy and blurry... grabbing the collar to my black baggy short sleeved shirt I wiped my eyes clean from the dried tears against my skin finally getting another good look at my moms laying ground, I still remember the day I found her clothing scattered in blood and shredded against the forest floor, they never found her body, but she was defiantly claimed dead when they found a heart with her DNA clinging to the dead organ, which was pinned to a rock with weird marking surrounding it...

Trying to clear the sickening thoughts from my mind I pulled my phone out from the pocket in which it sat in, pushing my finger down on the on button the screen lit up and exposed many missed calls and messages from Tyler, school and my father, I gazed at the top the screen to see what time it was, 5:45p.m. Shit I didn't know I was here for that long, quickly stumbling to my weak legs I bowed to the charm in respect and said goodbye to mom.

I stared walking to the entrance of the park, but I got stopped by seeing something in the distance, a shadowing figure was watching me from behind the trees where the sun was not crawling towards, there sky blue eyes seemed to have a glowing like effect, making there orbs very prominent in the darkness casted over them, feeling my skin starting to crawl from the inside I shivered and continued walking, but picking up my speed, I did not want to know what that was.

I started running as my body was approaching the gates, trying to get home as soon as possible, I hope I'm not in too much trouble...

-

After a stressful and lung breaking run I finally made it to my house, walking up to the front porch I saw my father standing there looking at me with frustration, "Evan Fong, where were you?" his voice was stern and to the point as I lowered my head, "I-I went to see mo-" before I could finish my sentence he shouted over me causing to jolt and shiver in shock "DO NOT GO INTO THOSE WOODS! EVER! HOW MANY TIMES DO I NEED TO TELL YOU THAT!" he quickly stomped up to me and grabbed me by the wrist, dragging me inside and tossing me into my room effortlessly, lifting my head up from the floor the bed room door got slammed shut and locked, grabbing ahold of my scalp I held onto my hair tightly as I felt a headache starting kick in, "I don't want to lose you too..." my father lightly whispered to my closed door, that's when I saw his shadow disappear from the under door crack, and his foot steps became more quiet as he walked away...

Ever since mom passed he always told me to stay out of those woods, they never knew what killer her and they still thing who ever it was, was still out there.

I didn't expect dad to get so protective, this is like my 5th time going there without supervision or allowance, maybe he's had news on who killed her or maybe he knows that it's still out there.

Sighing I picked myself from the ground and checked the time, 7:00p.m., quickly digging through my bag I found a  packet of Salt n Vinegar chips that I was supposed to eat for lunch, quickly opening the packet the smell of vinegar instantly filled my nostrils, intoxicating my senses,  grabbing a chip and dropping it into my mouth I started crushing it between my teeth, god I love these chips, moaning in pure pleasure as I ate the chips, practically having a food orgasm... but that's when I herd the dreaded rustle, looking down I noticed I'd finished the heavenly food, "Damn...Thanks for ruining the moment limited amount of chips," groaning I scrunched the packet into a ball and tossed it into the tiny bin across from my room.

I walked over to my black and white quilted bed and laid on top of the soft fabric, my face buried in the fabric softener scented heaven, "I miss you mom... tomorrow is going to be another shit day without you."  Closing my eyes and letting myself relax I finally got my well needed sleep.

Can't wait for tomorrow.... Ha. Yeah right.

"I think i'm just better off alone."

1735 Words
[unedited sorry my mistakes in grammar & spelling]