Tsuneni

The last chapter of Mezameru...

Wow... I've been working on this thing for... probably over a year now, since I first posted the original story. o.o

DAMN. I NEVER thought I'd finish this thing! XD

You know what song I found that fits this story PERFECTLY? Anthem of the Angels, by Breaking Benjamin. You'd think I based the entire Radamned story off that song! But today was probably the FIRST time I have EVER heard it! Listen to it, it is PERFECT fir Mezameru's theme song, or something! XD

ENJOY!

o.o.o.o.o

'Thinking'

"Talking"

// Yuugi to Yami Mind Link//

\\ Yami to Yuugi Mind Link\\

o.o.o.o.o

'After school,' he kept thinking, 'I will finish the Puzzle after school.'

After all, there was only one piece left. The Eye. Why wait? Because he was scared... He was scared Yami wouldn't remember. Or worse- he'd hate Yuugi for making him return to the Hell he'd already spent over three millennia in. The teen blinked, walking slowly through the halls of Domino Highschool. He ignored the staring, as usual. He couldn't, however, ignore the whispers.

"He looks so sad..."

"It's a real shame what happened to them."

"Can't help but feel bad for him, y'know? I always thought the King of Games was untouchable."

"Guess he's taking Yami's death pretty hard, né?"

Yuugi stopped abruptly. He heard hisses of "baka!" at the kid, growls to be quiet, but Yuugi had already heard.

"Yami isn't dead."

His tone was chilling, and empty. Like his eyes.

"He wouldn't leave like that. He wouldn't... he wouldn't forget..." that last part was more to himself, than anyone else. The group set him glances full of pity. It made him angry.

"Mutou."

The pale teen stiffened. "Not now, Ushio," he growled, fists clenched. Everyone immediately backed up, memory of Yami's encounter with the bully still fresh in their minds. And right now, the smaller looked like a carbon-copy of his best friend and Duelling partner.

Ushio had no malice in his eyes when Yuugi turned his head to look at him. "Ie, I wanted to apologize."

The whole hallway, Yuugi included, deadpanned. "N-Nande?" the amethyst-eyed teen stammered, not believing his ears. Ushio shrugged heavy shoulders.

"I was wrong about you, kid," he said simply, "I thought... you were weak. And like you didn't understand what the rest of the world went through. Since you were on a pedestal. King of Games is a big thing, né? So.. ano... Gomen."

Yuugi blinked, suspicion in his eyes.

"Sorry?" he repeated. Ushio gave a weak nod. "You... really..." everyone flinched as his eyes narrowed, a dark violet. "You really expect me to just forgive you? After all the shit you've put Yami and I through?"

His voice was bitter and crisp as a winter storm. It didn't suit him at all. "You're the reason he was such a mess the day after my accident, aren't you?" Ushio's eyes widened.

"Ano..."

"Called me a 'pissant', didn't you? Né, did I get enough fucking BEAUTY SLEEP to fit your standards? Or- how 'bout a game of 'Run-and-Hit'? Sound FUN?!"