Chapter 13 - Pearl discovery

Chapter 13 – Pearl discovery

"I should have explained myself better," Duane sighed, once his tears ceased falling.

"You were always hinting to me that I wasn't your mate," Millie frowned at him.

"I thought that finding out I was a dragon would be enough for the time being." He shook his head at his own foolish thinking.

"Are you sure, absolutely certain that I'm your mate? I'm nobody special, and I'm human." She laid her fears and thoughts out to him.

"There is one sure fire way to find out." His expression turned mischievous, which came across as quite cunning in his dragon form.

"Do I want to know?" She sent him a suspicious look.

"Probably not." He admitted.

"Just tell me." She squinted her eyes closed, waiting for a horrible answer.

He lifted her up until she rested against his snout. He wanted to see her reaction when he told

her. Millie opened her eyes slowly, only to be entranced by golden orbs.

"Sex, Camille. Dragon mates have explosive sex together." Duane admitted honestly.

Her mouth popped open unexpectedly, which Duane watched with amusement. He knew that she would be shocked. Humans had such different ways of dealing with things, which fascinated him.

"I probably should have expected that answer." Millie let out an embarrassed giggle.

"We are rather basic creatures at heart."

"How could we..." Millie trailed off, as her face burned with a blush.

"How could we what?" His amused expression only grew, seeming sly against his black scales.

"So, does this mean that you're now the powerful dragon, instead of being the weak one?" Millie asked, trying to avoid the topic that now flooded her thoughts.

"In due time." His amusement heightened.

"I'm sure that you said that when you found your mate you became powerful." Her brow furrowed.

"True."

"What are you not telling me?" She gave him a firm stare.

"It once again comes back to sex, my little Camille." His eyes gleamed at her.

"I never knew you had this side to you." She tilted her head, and considered him carefully.

"What side?"

"The demanding sex side." She may have blushed, but his reaction was worth it.

He snorted, belching out a smoky gust of heated air that surrounded Millie, and set her to coughing. Her smile broadened once the smoke cleared.

"You have no idea exactly how demanding I can be." Duane growled.

"Okay, I have to tell you that as a dragon that comes across as scary." She told him quickly, and he instantly softened.

"Camille, I will never harm you, surely you know that." His eyes turned beseeching.

"I know," she assured him. "But how is this even going to work?" She gestured between her tiny frame that sat upon his massive snout.

"I am unsure, but it will." He told her determinedly, and she relaxed against him, grateful for his certainty.

"Before we go back, you need to explain what happened with Kat."