❅One❅

D

You truly don't know what you have until it's gone.  I had a big house. I had a family. I had tons of friends. Right when I graduated high school, my parents kicked me out and told me to get my own life and stay out of theirs. So That's what I did. Sadly, I had no money or a job, so I was living on the streets. I even got looked at as a prostitute. Guys would come up to me asking how much I give for blowjobs. I knew I couldn't live like that so I took myself to a local homeless shelter.That became even worse than asking for sex on the streets.  It wasn't particularly the best place to be considering as soon as the lights went out the guys got horny and tried to do stuff with me. After four years of being in and out of the shelter I was almost raped and couldn't stand to be there anymore so now I'm living on the streets....again.

It's December here in New York and it was frigid cold. I was outside in the the right kind of appeal, freezing my ass off. I was staying at the Central Park and watched families be happy. I was going to be alone once again on Christmas and on New Years. I should be use to it by now since it's only been me,myself, and I for 4 years.

I still don't understand why my parents did what they did. I was a good girl. I did not let our money get to my head. They loved all my friends and all my former boyfriends. I just don't understand.

I was taking a nap on a bench at Central Park and got a whiff of something delicious. I opened my eyes and saw a paper cup with steam coming out of it. I sat up and looked at it. It was a light brown substance. I sniffed it and it smelt like hot chocolate.  I looked around,acting like someone left their drink. I was thirsty. It was tempting.

I looked over at the cup and it said, 'For you' in cursive. Someone bought this for me? I couldn't be more thankful. I slowly took a sip of it for it was too hot.

J

I was at the Central Park with my brother,Nick, and his girlfriend, Selena.  We all were ice skating on the rink. "So you're still on for our parent's ritual Christmas Vacation?" Nick twirled Selena around. I looked at other people skating. I nodded my head.

"I'm family. I can not say I can't go. I have to." I glanced over at Nick. He just gave me a shrug.

"But you know how mom and dad acts about you going alone. They like us to bring girlfriends. Kevin is bringing his fiance. I'm bringing Selena, and you're bringing yourself. Don't say you're bring your camera. Mom already thinks your camera is the reason you're not getting laid."

I rolled my eyes, laughing. "I'm a famous photographer. I'm sorry that my camera is always around my neck."

"Bro, I know...I'm just worried about you...you haven't had a companion for 8 months...that's almost a year." I looked down at the ice. I nodded my head. He was right, but it took me a while to get over my last relationship.

"I'll think of something..I'm going to get myself a hot chocolate. I'll be right back." I skated out of the rink and headed to the booth. "One hot cho--" I looked over and saw a beautiful girl sleeping on a bench. She looked homeless.

"Make that two hot chocolates." I handed him the cash and stood on the side to wait on my drinks.

"Here you go,sir." the guy handed me the drinks. I thanked them and headed to the girl. I set the hot chocolate on the ground next to her. I took a few steps back and quickly took a picture of her on my camera. I check on the screen on how the photo took, it looked great. I took a deep sigh as I went back to my brother.

I always felt bad for those kinds of people.

Short Winter Series for you! I hope you guys like it! It's going to be good! xxChloe.