❅ Seven ❅

D

The past few days went well. They believed our lie and we did amazing adventures here. I was enjoying their company and enjoying their love. I have never felt this loved before. I loved their presence. I just have 7 more days with them and then I'm back on the streets.

All the girls were off shopping for last minute Christmas shopping, which I was worried because I didn't have money, so how could I buy Joe a gift?

"Can I talk to you for a second," I said looking at Joe as he nodded his head. We walked off outside even though it was cold and neither of us were wearing jackets, "how the hell am I supposed to go shopping with them today?"

"You walk through a mall and buy stuff," he said but I crossed my arms and looked at him waiting for him to clue in. "Right...again I forgot..."

"Yeah, well I can't go shopping, I'll look like an idiot," he sighed and pulled out his wallet now passing me his credit card, "umm no that's not what I meant..."

"Well take it...you said I need to learn to trust people right...well I trust you, just don't spend too much."

I sighed and then took the card and placed it in my pocket but then I turned back to Joe, "so a Porsche or a Hummer?" He laughed as I giggled and walked back into the house.

I grabbed my bag and headed to the car with the girls. The boys got in a separate car. We drove to the mall and I was thinking about what I could buy Joe. It has to do with a camera. Hopefully the mall had something.

We arrived at the mall and we ended up walking around the mall, sharing laughs and conversations. We went to all the stores that the girls wanted to go. I looked over and a bag store caught my eye. "Can we go there?" I pointed. Once Selena made her purchase, we headed over to the store.

I looked over at bags when I found a perfect one. It was a camera bag. It was black and waterproof. It was the one, but it was $345. I hope Joe wouldn't be mad, but it was the only one that I knew he would like. I bought it, then we all shopped for ourselves and has lunch.

We came back to the cabin and quickly hid our bags, I hid Joe's under the bed. Apparently we were all going snow skiing, which I had no idea what to do. Joe told me that he would teach me. We all got ready and got in one car.

Mr. Jonas drove to the skiing resort.

We arrived and we checked out skis and poles. Joe helped put mine on. He gave me a quick peck, I knew the family was watching. We got to the snow and Joe quickly taught me how to ski.

"You think you got it?" Joe smirked at me. I nodded my head.

Joe pushed himself off with his poles. I followed him.

I quickly got the use of skiing. I raced Joe all the way to the bottom, "I feel like you tricked me." Joe yelled over at me. I just giggled.

"Hey!" he skied faster.

We got to the bottom of the hill and I won. "I won! You lose!" I jumped up and down,excited about my win.

I watched him bend down and piled some snow, "Joseph.." I backed up a little.

He chuckled a little bit, he made it into a ball and threw it at me, I screamed slightly. I bent down and made one and threw one at him. We ended up having a snowball fight while the others skied.

After we spend forever at the resort and came home for dinner. I helped Mrs. Jonas and Danielle cook. I felt great. It was my first time cooking and I felt pretty good about it. "Demi, would you mind getting Nick and Joe?" I nodded my head and went upstairs. I heard Nick and Joe talking.

I stood beside the wall,listening.

"I read the New York paper, that homeless chick from central park is gone...they have a paper on the paper...It looks like Demi,Joe," I sucked in my lip, "is Demi the homeless chick?" he found out.

"Look Nick.." was he really telling Nick about me? I couldn't be here anymore. I had to go. I headed to my bedroom. I found a piece of paper and a pen. I quickly left Joe a note and quietly left the house.

I don't know where I was going, but I'm gone.  

Sorry for the long wait and it's not a great update! Work and school is tough. -Chloe.