❅Eight❅

J

  "I read the New York paper, that homeless chick from central park is gone...they have a paper on the paper...It looks like Demi,Joe," Nick showed me the newspaper, "is Demi the homeless chick?" I gulped quickly.

"Look Nick, before you accuse someone for being someone else, get your facts straight. Demi might look like that girl, but she isn't. Why would I date a homeless girl?"

"Right.. Are you mad at me?" he shuffled his hair. I shook my head, I couldn't be mad at my brother. 

"No..just don't assume things for now on. I'll talk to you later." I walked out of the bedroom and went downstairs and saw the whole family at the table. 

"Where's Demi?" I looked around the table and didn't see her. My mom looked at me strangely.

"I sent her to get you, did she?" I shook my head. I ran upstairs and checked every bedroom. She was no where to be found, until I found a note on our bed.

I picked it up and opened it.

Dear Joe,

      You're probably wondering where I am if you found this note. I can't do this anymore. This lying thing will kill us in the end.  Your family is so amazing and welcoming. They treated me like I was their daughter in law and I absolutely love it. I never felt love like that before. I heard what Nick said and I realize it's terrible that we're doing this to them, so I'm stepping out.

     I want you to keep being you. You are such a kind hearted person and you welcomed me into your home and trusted me with everything. You showed me love even if it wasn't real. Your parents will still and always love you and that won't change if you have a girlfriend or not. I know they love you on how they care for you, Joe. I hope you find someone that deserves your love--seriously.

Love Demi.

I dropped the note and ran downstairs, "Demi is gone!" I hurried and got my coat.

"What do you mean 'gone', Joe?" my mom got up from the table.  I slipped on gloves and a hat. 

"She left a note saying she's gone... I have...I have to go and look for her,mom!" I twisted the knob on the door.

"Joe! We're under a snow storm, it's not safe out there! I'm sorry Demi found a hotel or something." my mom grabbed my arm. 

I looked out the door and the snow was falling pretty heavily, I looked over at my mom, "You don't understand...I have to go. I love you." I snatched my arm back and ran outside.

I was running all over town, yelling out Demi, hoping someone would answer but no one would fucking answer

"Demi!?" I yelled out each time, hoping I heard a voice.

"Joe?" I heard a voice coming from my left, so I walked over and saw Demi on a bench. I ran over to her. 

"Are you fucking crazy?! Why did you leave? Right now, out of all times?!" I was trying to catch my breath. She sighed, she looked frozen.

"You...you...told Nick...about me...he...he...found out that I'm....the....the...homeless....girl...Our...secret is...ov...over." she stuttered.

"No, it's not. I didn't tell Nick the truth... I lied to him...I told him not to accuse anything before he knows the truth."

She looked up at me, "Why....why....you doing this?"

"Demi," it was time to be open now, "surprisingly, I'm falling for you...It's been a while since I fell for someone,but you seem to make it easy... I know these couple weeks were just for my family, but that week, I got to know you and I fell for you...I would understand if you don't feel the same...taking as I made you lie to my family and lie about who you are. I wouldn't like me if I had a choice..." I slipped my hands in my coat jacket.

I watched her get up from the bench and grabbed my face. She crashed her lips on mine.

I felt like this kiss was real

I felt like this kiss was real. I smiled in between the kiss. I pulled away and looked at her. "Can...we...we...go home now?" 

I nodded my head and wrapped my arm around her, walking home.

We walked inside and everyone was already at the table,eating.

I lit up the fireplace, Demi and I ended up eating our food by the fireplace since we were freezing our asses off

"So you like my family, huh?" I nibbled on my roll. 

She nodded her head, smiling at me, "I like them a lot...more than my family...Even though I miss my family." she sighed. I put my hand on her leg.

"Your family is missing out on a beautiful girl." she blushed at me. She leaned in and kissed my lips.

After dinner, we all sat on the couch and watched Christmas Vacation, since it wasn't safe to go outside. 

After dinner, we all headed to bed.  Demi and I were in bed, making out, nothing else.

My hand reached for her ass and that's when she pulled away. "Joe...I'm sorry... I'm just...I'm a virgin...and I would like to keep it that way until I'm married.." she rolled over to her side of the bed.

"I understand," she looked at me,weirdly, "I do, Demi. I think it's a sweet thing.."

She opened up her mouth,but she closed it quickly, "What were you going to say? Tell me, please."

"I want an actual date, Joe...so I know this is real..." I smiled at her and nodded my head.

"We can go out tomorrow. I'll find the perfect restaurant." I winked at her. She giggled at me a little bit. "Christmas Eve is tomorrow."

"So? Some restaurants are open. Goodnight." I pecked her cheek and turned off the lights.