❅ Six ❅

D

The next morning, my eyes slowly fluttered open and took in the bright sun shining through the window, I groaned and rolled over to see Joe still asleep. He was laying on his stomach with his face turned towards me, his mouth was open slightly as he breathed in and out, he had his arms underneath his pillow as his head rested on it. I giggled as quietly as I could and then got out of the bed and tiptoed my way to the bathroom, now taking a shower and getting ready for the day.

By the time I was finished and dressed Joe was still passed out in the bed, I walked to the door and left the room then slowly closed the door behind me making sure to turn the knob and pull so it wouldn't click shut.

"Whatcha doing?" I jumped and turned around to face Nick as he laughed slightly.

"I didn't want to wake Joe so I was being quiet...you need to make noise before you sneak up on people." I walked with Nick down the hall and down the stairs as he continued to laugh. "But then it wouldn't be any fun now would it," I laughed and nodded my head.

"Very true," he laughed as we walked into the kitchen now meeting up with his parents and Danielle.

"Good morning...so how'd you sleep Demi? " I looked at Mrs. Jonas and smiled.

"Very well actually until the sun rose anyways," I giggled as she smiled. Danielle laughed along with me too.

"This is a very personal question, but you love Joe huh?" she asked as I froze up but didn't let her see my reaction. I needed to find the strength to say yes before she caught on that I took a pause to think about it.

"Y-yes...very much," she looked at me funny as I giggled slightly, "sorry I'm still really nervous to be here." I smiled widely as they all laughed slightly.

"You don't have to be nervous Demi..."Joe walked into the kitchen as he yawned and then hugged his mom.

"Morning everyone," he grabbed a bottle of water as Mr. Jonas laughed,"What's so funny dad?"

"Well, since you're never here anymore, you get the honors of shoveling the driveway...Oh and the snow was coming down pretty hard last night." Joe looked out the kitchen window then glared at his dad.

"You're evil you know that," they all laughed again as he ran upstairs to get dressed. By the time he came down again everyone was in the kitchen eating as I played go fish with Alena. "I'll be back in like an hour or so," he groaned and grabbed the shovel now walking outside as everyone laugh.

"I'll be right back," I walked off to the bathroom as everyone stayed in the kitchen. When I got back though I stayed outside the kitchen door listening to them talk about Joe and I.

"Nick when you wake up in the morning what's the first thing you do?" he looked at his mom strangely.

"I say good morning to Selena if she's awake...why?"

"I'm sorry, but Joe came down stairs and hugged me...said good morning to everyone and didn't even say anything to Demi...not a hug, a kiss nothing." Mrs. Jonas said as she leaned against the counter.

"You make a good point...you don't think that maybe they're lying?" Danielle said as she rubbed her stomach smiling as the baby kicked inside of her.

"Why would he lie though? This is Joe, he could get any girl he wants."

"I don't know but the whole time they've been here, he's kept his arm around her...that's it. I'm sorry but even after a year with Dani, I was kissing her and hugging her all the time." Kevin said as he set Lilly down on the ground.