chapter twenty-one

When I first started college I was sitting in my home room, that I had every Monday. Ashton was in this class but he was across the room, ignoring me again. Michael was meeting me after this class, so I could go cry to him afterwards.

The form tutor we had told us to get in the groups of twos and I didn't know anyone in this class so when someone tapped my shoulder I didn't expect a beautiful girl to be standing there, long brunette hair and she reminded me of Ashley.

"Hi." She smiled, bright pink cheeks. "Can I be your partner?"

I nodded and she sat down, "I'm Luke." I smiled.

"I'm Taylor." She smiled. "So what classes are you doing?" She asked.

"Um Geography and Psychology." I smiled, "What are you doing?"

"Photography, art, and Media. I'm more creative, while you seem to be more academic." She said making me shrug.

"I guess." I said.

"You okay? You seem down." She said, resting her hand on my arm.

"My ex is here." I said quietly, my eyes flickering to Ashton across the room who was talking to a red haired girl. "I'm awkward as fuck, I'm sorry."

Taylor turned to look at Ashton, "Oh he's cute, what happened?"

"I was in love with him but he didn't feel the same." I shrugged, "I'm trying to be okay about it."

"Is his name Ashton Irwin?" She asked and once I nodded, she said, "He's trans right?" I nodded.

I leaned back in my seat. "I'm trying to get over him."

"It'll get easier." She assured me.

After form, I met Michael outside the room and he wrapped an arm around me before dragging me away to the library where Calum was sitting. "Hey." I smiled at Cal.

"Hi." He replied. We sat down at the table, and talked quietly. But then Ashton came over.

"Hi." He said quietly, "Can I sit?"

I looked away as Michael said he could sit, taking out my phone to see a text from Taylor as I gave her my number. I added her contact, adding a crown emoji next to her name. I put my phone on the table and I could see Ashton looking at it. "What?" I asked.

"Is Taylor the pretty girl from form?" He asked bitterly.

"Why do you care?" I snapped, "You dumped me remember?"

Ashton frowned, then sighed, "I'm just gonna leave."

Calum pouted grabbing Ashton's hand, "No, no stay. Luke can shut his mouth." He said, tugging Ashton closer to him. "Please stay, we haven't talked all week."

"What because he was crying to himself every night like I was?" I scoffed and when all three of them glared at me I rolled my eyes. "Fuck this, I'm just gonna leave."

"No both of you stay." Michael snapped, "Get the fuck over this, you were friends before all of this as well as boyfriends so just stop and talk it out."

I sighed, "Mike last time you told me to talk it out with Ashton, I got dumped." I said, feeling my phone buzz in my hand. I looked down to see a text from someone from the football team from high school. I texted them back quickly before I grabbed my bag. "I'll see you after college."

Michael sighed and let me leave.

I left the library, feeling Ashton's eyes on me as I did.

| ASH |

"Why the fuck did I break up with him?" I muttered, putting my head on the table. "I'm a fucking idiot. He's a mess and so am I."

Calum sighed, squeezing my hand. "It's your fault. You said you weren't in love with him."

"I don't know." I cried out. "I miss him."

"Then tell him that you prick." Michael hissed. "You were pretty rude about it, anyway. I want to say you have no right to miss him and be upset about it."

"I am!" I exclaimed, making the librarian tell us to shut up. "I told him and then I went home and sobbed my heart out to my mum."

Michael sighed, "Talk to Luke, go to his house after school."

I frowned, "Okay."