Chapter 1

Chapter 1

They say that when you're seeing your parents or one of your parents in a coffin being burried six feet under , you will feel like the world is just taken from you and you will be crying your eyeballs out 

But why do I feel numb, I feel nothing, I'm not crying and I don't even know what I'm doing here

Yes he's my father but I feel like he's not my father I feel like I just have to be here so people will think that, I'm devastated because I lost my 'father' but he did not even had the chance to be my father he left us, meaning by 'us' my mom and I, when I was only 5 yrs old I barely even remember him and now I'm 20 and I'm standing here watching him being burried.

I was just reading a book in my dorm when someone called me saying that he's my father's bestfriend and he told me that my father is looking for me for the past 10 yrs before he just died he said that he's looking for me so he can hand me the company he owns, the company ,that is the reason he left us, he said that he has to work for the company that my grandfather hand him so we will have a better life but, years had gone and he still didn't return ,that's why me and my mom move so she can move on from the good memories that my father left her. 

Days later someone knocked on the door of my dorm saying that I have to come with them and we willbe going to where am I currently standing.

"I'm sorry for your loss" some lady said to me, I don't know what to say so I just nod at her acknowledging her statement

When the ceremony finished, my father's bestfriend guide me to his car and I just sat there not saying a word

He coughed to get my attention, so I turned to his direction, I looked at him and arched an eyebrow 

"Samantha I know that you're having a hard time to process this all on your mind but I need an answer are you willing to take the opportunity that your father gave you and run his company?" He asked me

I'm only 20 and I'm gonna be the CEO of my father's company or should I say my company am I ready to run it?, I'm not yet finished with college how am I supposed to know what to do to my father's company he left us for his company so he can make it grow he put all his life to the company. what if I destroyed it, okay not destroyed it I will not plant a grenade there or something but what if I failed and all the employees will lose their jobs?. 

Mr. Jacobs must have read my thoughts "don't worry I will train you and explain all the things you have to learn in running the company, you're a business major right?"

"Yes" I agreed

"So it will not be that hard you already learned half of the things you need to learn in running a company although you're not yet finished in studying it's fine, and you're a girl"

"So what does being a girl have to do with my father's business?"  I asked confused so what if I'm a girl?

"You don't know what's your father's business?" He asked shocked

"Yeah, remember I don't even get the chance to meet him or know something about him before he died"

"Oh right sorry"

"So what is my father's business?"

"It's a fashion company, we focus on bags and shoes,but  doesn't mean that we run a fashion company we're gay , no offense to gays out there, and we're one of the biggest fashion company in New York."

"My father likes fashion?" I asked amused, I want to laugh because my father left us for fashion? Yeah some will say what's wrong with that he just wants the best for you. But what's wrong is I've never been a fan of fashion.

"Nah he knows about fashion but he don't like it that much, he's much of the dealing part and picking the materials"

"Okay so I have to learn the fashion stuffs?" I said with a really bored tone.

"Yeah, why is your tone like that, aren't you excited that you will learn about this stuffs and you will meet people from Michael Kors, Versace, D&G, Marc Jacobs etc."

"I don't know anything about fashion and I'm not really a fan of expensive brands" I said with a shrug

"Okay, so what do you say are you going to take over your father's company?" He asked with a hopeful expression on his face

"What will happen if I said no?" I'm just really curious of who will take over if I will not take over it.

"The company rival will take it cause your father's last will says that you're the only one who can run it because before your father died the company is almost bankrupt so the rival took the 30% of it your father only agreed beacuse he need the company to stay strong and the rival is the only one who can help us"

I can't let the other company take my father's company he gave all his life for it he even left us for it

"So?" Mr. Jacobs asked again

"I'll run it" I said with a confident voice 

Oh no what am I gonna do I don't know a thing about fashion and running a fucking company and it's one of the biggest company in New York! 

Shoot me now

"Okay, Thank you for accepting the job, ma'am" he said smiling

"so when are we going to train?"

"tomorrow 7am sharp, I will just drop you at the hotel, have a nice and long sleep okay"

"okay"

"and one more thing"

"what is it?" 

"your stylist will pick you up the next day, you will go shopping with him for your office clothes"

"I have my own stylist?"

"yes, you are the new CEO you have to look good and fashionable all the time, you are the boss of a fashion company remember?"

"yeah alright, so when am I starting the job?" I hope that I will start next month or something I'm really not ready

"Monday morning" he said nonchalantly

"WHAT!!!" I screeched, and he just chuckled

"yes you are starting this Monday ma'am"

"that means the training is only one day?!" 

"yup"

Oh god help me, why did I agreed to this, I'm in trouble

A/N : Hi, again this is my second story my very first story is called 'Love or Hate?' check it out if you like:)) I hope that you enjoyed this chapter 

please vote and comment if you like my story , have a nice day!:))

-sueyen:)