one

CHAPTER ONE

If there was anything Arabella Montgomery hated more than waking up early, it was waking up early to go to school. It was yet another day where her parents were forcing her to actually attend that retched place. They claimed it was because they loved her and wanted her to succeed in life. Of course she assumed it was just to torture her for all the mischievous acts she'd committed in the past.

Her morning hadn't started off very well. Aria had woken her up earlier than usual. It took Arabella about fifteen minutes just to pick an outfit and another twenty to get ready and style her hair, which had decided to be very difficult today.

After deciding that she looked decent enough, the brunette waltzed down the stairs a couple minutes later. Her twin sister, Aria, was waiting for her in the car. Arabella had taken even longer than usual on purpose. She was very well aware that her dad was still home, and she was definitely not in the mood to see him.

Ever since her mom had moved out of the house, things had been tense and quite complicated. Aria and Ella were quick to forgive Byron - aka Arabella's dad - but Arabella will always hold a grudge against him for ruining their family. Ella could move back in and they can all pretend to be a big happy family, but that won't fix the damage that has been done.

Mike had been acting weird ever since Ella had decided to move out and Arabella was probably the only one that noticed. Aria was far too busy with Ezra, and their little stalker, A, and their mother was focusing more on her teaching than trying to fix things with Byron.

Luckily, Arabella had gotten downstairs just in time to catch Byron walk out the door. "Hey mom!" She greets, giving Ella a kiss on the cheek and grabbing her usual cup of coffee that she had every morning. "What's wrong, you seem upset?"

Ella shook her head rapidly, "No, honey, I'm fine. Have a good day at school."

The brunette pursed her lips at the statement, knowing that Ella was not fine at all. She figured that was all she was going to get right now, though, so she dropped the subject. "Okay, if you say so."

"Arabella! Get your ass in the damn car before I leave you!" Aria shouted from out front. Arabella chuckled and gathered her things, heading out.

The whole drive to school was weird. Aria was jumpy and was rushing the entire way despite the fact that they were early. When Arabella asked her what was up with her, she was quick to deny anything being wrong and ran out of the car before her sister could even let out a sound.

"Yeah, there's definitely something wrong with her." The remaining girl sighed, hopping out of the car and settling on one of the benches in front of the school. School didn't start for another couple of minutes so she was now left to do absolutely nothing until more students began filing in.

Curiosity consumed Arabella's thoughts and she came to the conclusion that Aria was meeting up with Ezra somewhere in the school. That was the only explanation for it. The school was practically empty, and Arabella didn't intend to be dirty minded but they could be doing anything in there.

Before she could think any further about her sister's relationship with their English teacher, Arabella's phone went off with a text message.

From Spencer to Arabella:

We need to find out what Jenna knows about the videos. Meet us at Emily's locker before first period.

From Arabella to Spencer:

Spence, our lockers are literally right next to each other. There's no need to schedule a meeting.

From Spencer to Arabella: