five

CHAPTER FIVE

"Where do you think you're going?"

Arabella had been halfway out the door before Spencer all of a sudden sat up in bed and raised an eyebrow at her curiously, her head tilted to the side in a teasing manner. There was a smug grin on her face, having caught Arabella in what the Hastings girl thought was an attempt at sneaking out to do something she probably shouldn't be doing.

"Well, Spencer, you caught me. I was headed out to do some pretty irresponsible things," Arabella explained, the sarcasm evident in her voice.

Spencer crossed her arms, disapproval practically stamped on her face. "First of all, you're not allowed to go out without me, it's too dangerous. Second of all, it's 5 in the morning, and you're not a morning person, therefore there's no way you're out of bed on your own accord. Lastly, you wouldn't be caught dead outside in those clothes."

Arabella looked down at the pair of pajamas that she had brought from her house. A black tank top with pink shorts that had black polka dots on them. They weren't all that bad but Arabella refused to wear them out in public, or outside for that matter. Temperatures ran low in the morning in Rosewood, and frankly, guys are perverts - the majority of them anyways.

"I was being sarcastic genius," Arabella rolled her eyes, it being way too early for her to withstand one of Spencer's lectures.

"So then where are you going? I'd expect you to stay in bed until it gets too boring and quiet," Spencer swung her legs off the bed, just about ready to follow her temporary roommate wherever it was she was headed to.

The brunette standing by the door sighed, "I'm going down to get a glass of water, given there's nothing else I can drink. You hid everything in the house that I could use to make coffee."

"You make it sound like I did something wrong," Spencer stepped off the bed, pulling her plush pink slippers on. "You're not supposed to drink coffee after your head injury, doctor's orders."

"No," Arabella said as she walked out into the hallway, expecting Spencer to follow her as she headed downstairs. "The doctor said that an overconsumption of caffeine can restrict the blood flow to my brain and cause it to become dehydrated. He never said I wasn't allowed to drink any."

Spencer shrugged, following Arabella down the stairs. "Oh well, it's better to be safe than sorry."

"Whatever, I'm over it. You want some coco puffs?" Arabella asked, already having a bowl and spoon out, the box of cereal in her hand.

Spencer shook her head, taking a seat on one of the stools. "No, I'm alright. I take it you're not going to school today?"

"Nope, I'm staying here and watching the latest episode of The Vampire Diaries. Damon practically saved Elena's life in the last one, and I'm so happy to see that my ship is sailing," Arabella fangirled, pouring the milk into her cereal bowl that was now filled to the top with coco puffs.

"Oh no, Damon and Elena can never be together," Spencer dismissed the thought of Delena ever happening. "Stelena is endgame."

Arabella scoffed, "Excuse you, Delena is endgame. Stefan is so plain and boring compared to Damon. Don't get me wrong, Stefan's hot, loving, caring and practically everything you would want in a guy. But Damon, he's just so much better for Elena. They challenge each other and keep things exciting and unpredictable. There's honestly no topping that."