Prolouge

Athena's POV

 You know how you hate someone but grow to love them without even knowing it? What about the opposite way around? How about when two people hate each other for a really long time start to love each other? Well, that's what happened to me. I fell in love with someone I hated and he did the same. Our love is forbidden, but we go around that. We sneak out and see each other, we hide away when we want to be alone together. Want to know why our love is forbidden? Because my love's brother Zeus made a rule against Gods and Goddesses being together because he and Aphrodite never worked out so he made it to were we can't be together. I hate this rule. Why can't we be aloud to love who we want and not have any rules?

 I am a 1000 year old Goddess, who doesn't look a day over 22, who has dated a few men, but never a God. Until now. Posiedon is my true love and I didn't know it. I spent 950 years hating him, for a reason I can't remember. I fell for him after centuries of tomenting him. I cursed his ex-wife Medusa just for the fun of it. I played tricks on him, I had Aphrodite put spells on women to love him and then I hade Erida make them hate him.  Lets just say that in his 1002 years of living he has had many failed relationships. He only married Medusa because he thought nothing would happen to her, but really I was just waiting for the right time. I even had Perseus kill her, I know what they say about him protecting his mother when really I convinced him to, he really hated Medusa. I even got his half brother, Hermes, to help me help him. I knew he would help the girl that Posiedon had chained to the stone, Aphrodite told me that they were soul mates. How did she know? Well she had a feeling and it's always right.

 I loved torturing Posiedon, until a year ago, when I discoved I had fallen for him. He too had fallen for me to, so here we are. Forbidden to be in love and having to sneak around and hide. I wish to be able to be seen with him, I wish to hold his hand in public, I wish to talk to him without hiding. I wish to be with him and have everyone know. The only thing is, he doesn't want people to know. He doesn't want his brother to find out and ban us from seeing each other. I understand where he's coming from, but why can't he just talk to him about it.

 That is my only wish.