Chapter 2

Athena's POV

 For once, I woke up with a bright smile on my face. I'm with the man I love, just laying in bed. I turn to look at him. Black hair slightly messy, face peaceful, as if nothing could harm him. I know I'm not supposed to be with him because of the rules, but it honestly feels right being here with him. He makes me feel things I never have. He helps me do things I couldn't do on my own (No not what you're thinking you dirty minded people). He is my soulmate. After 1,000 years of hating each other, 5 marriages that ended in death or divorce. I know it's crazy to think about but I truly think he is. He isn't like the last 20 men I have dated over the years. He's changed more in the past few months than he has in the past century. I'm in love with him. I just hope he feels the same as me. I know we say 'I love you' a lot, but I don't know if it's real for him. I just want to know if it's true or not. 

 "You know it's rude to stare." Poseidon said. "I'm not staring, I'm simply admiring." I stated. He opened his eyes and smiled at me. I smiled back and he pressed his lips to mine. "Morning." He muttered against my lips. "Morning." I replied. "What are your plans for today?" He asked. "I was going to go to the shopping area with Aphrodite around 1 and then get our hair and nails done." I said. "I thought you and I could stay here and do stuff." Seidon said. "What kind of things?" I questioned. "All sorts of things." He responded while smirking. "Well too bad. Why don't you go hang out with Apollo? You haven't hung out with him in a while." I said. "That's because Apollo isn't my friend anymore because he keeps hitting on you." He stated. "Then hang out with Zeus." I told him getting up and going to my closet. "I want to hang out with you." He says getting out of bed and going to the bathroom. "Well I already have plans so make some of your own." I said as I pulled on my dress. "Fine, but you owe me." He state. "Okay." I said slipping on my sandals. Seidon was getting dressed so I went to the kitchen and made some eggs for the both of us. I finished them before he came out so I put them on plates and set them on the table. Seidon then came out and sat down and we began to eat.

 After breakfast I went to my room and put my earrings in, necklace on and a few bracelets. I then put on a little makeup and was on my way. Seidon left 10 minutes ago because it would be suspicious if we left together, plus no one was around so he managed to slip out unnoticed. I had finished getting ready around 12:45 and it took about 10 minutes to get there, but I would like to get there with a bit of time to spare. I walked out of the house after grabbing my back and shut the door. I started to walk to the shopping area and on the way I saw Seidon and Zeus in front of the meeting palace. I walked over and waved at them. "Hey guys." I said. "Hey Athena, what are you doing here?" Zeus asked. "Just on my way to the shopping area and saw you guys and decided to say hi." I replied. "I thought you don't like Poseidon here." Zeus stated. "Yeah well I decided to let it go, I mean I can't remember why I hate him so, why not?" I replied. Zeus looked shocked "How can you forget what he did?" He asked. "I don't know, it's been 950 years." I shrugged. "Yeah well even I forgot what I did." Poseidon said. "Well I have to go so see you guys whenever." I said and with that I walked away to the shopping center to meet Dite. 

 Aphrodite and I shopped till it was dark and went home. On my way home I ran into Zeus. "Oh hey again." He said. "Hey." I replied. "Here let me help you with that." He said grabbing a few of my bags. "Oh thanks." I said. He smiled and we walked to my house. "What did you mean earlier, about how could I forget what Poseidon did?" I asked. He sighed, "When there was a time when you two were best friends, but one day he did something no one thought he would do." He said. "What did he do?" I questioned. "I think you should ask him." He replied. "I don't think he would tell me, plus he said he didn't remember." I stated. "He lied, he just didn't want me to tell you, probably because he doesn't want you to hate him again because now you're being nice to him." He told me. I nodded as we walked to my front door. I sighed and opened the door before putting my bags by the door and grabbed the ones from Zeus' hands and did the same as I did with the other bags. I turned back to Zeus and sighed. "Thanks." I said. "No problem." He replied. He left after and I closed my door and went to Poseidon's house to find out what it was he did. 

 I got to his door and knocked. After a few moments the door opened to reveal Seidon. "What are you doing here?" He asked. "I came to ask you something." I stated. He opened the door wider and let me in. Once I was inside he shut the door and sat on the sofa and nodded his head for me to sit as well. I sat and sighed. 'How do I ask him this?' I thought. We sat there for a few minutes before I decided what to say. "What is it that you did? What was so horrible that you haven't even told me." I asked. He sighed and closed his eyes. He opened his eyes and breathed in. "I..."