If We Stand Together We Will Be Unbroken

Song: SING! by My Chemical Romance

~~Alec's p.o.v.~~

I was watching TV and Magnus was in our room taking a nap. He's been working a lot and I'm starting to worry about him. He hasn't been getting enough sleep with customers calling at all hours of the day. Being the High Warlock is hard work.

I was watching Supernatural when it was Interrupted by a major news report. The headline was Paris Attacked By Terrorist Group ISIS and the news reporter was saying:

"We are here today to give you a report about what happened in Paris a few hours before. Terrorist group ISIS has claimed responsibility for an attack on Paris. They have attacked at least six locations with a death toll of about 129 people and 352 others injured. About six of the people responsible were suicide bombers with one other suspect on the run. 

"French President Francois Hollande calls the attacks an "act of war" and is planning on retaliation for the devastation ISIS has caused. -

I stopped listening after that, tuning it out. I couldn't believe it. Why would anybody want to cause this much devastation. Getting up and walking to our room, I went to tell Magnus. There were tears in my eyes and I just couldn't hold them back anymore. "Magnus, Magnus wake up." I shook him while tears ran down my cheeks.

He groaned then opened his green cat eyes looking at me. Taking in my appearance he got a worried look on his face. "Alec, what's wrong honey!" He asked while pulling me into a hug. 

"It's Paris," I said "they've been attacked."

"How" He said tears were starting to for in his eyes too.

"It was a terrorist attack," I explained "there were six places bombed a few hours ago. And ISIS claims full responsibility on the attack. About 129 people were killed and 352 injured." I looked up at his face and his tears had spilled over.

 Catarina had been in Paris when it was attacked. She was asked by the Shadowhunters to go over there because there was a major Demon attack and too many Shadowhunters were injured for the Silent Brothers to heal, so they asked her for help. And being the good person she is, she agreed to help.

"What about Cat?" he asked almost on the verge of sobbing. 

I shook my head and said "I don't know" and we both broke down. Taking comfort in each other we stayed like that for the rest of the night. Just holding each other and crying. Worried for our friend.

--------------------

We must have fallen asleep because I woke up cuddled up to Magnus holding on to one another for dear life. My eyes were sore from all the crying last night. I looked over at Magnus only peer into a pair of green cat eyes with gold flecks in them. 

"Are you okay?" I asked. He looked terrible with red rimming his eyes and dark circles around them. His hair was flat without it's usual shine. 

"No" Magnus said truthfully. "I'm worried about her Alec. What if she's hurt? Or worse, what if she's dead?! She's the only friend from my past I have left!" He said and he started crying again.

"Magnus, she's fine. I promise." Murmuring reassurances into his ear while rubbing circles into his back, he calmed down and was soon asleep again. 

Thinking about Catarina and the Shadowhunters in Paris, I walked into the kitchen and grabbed the phone. I called Idris to see if they were okay. On the third ring Consul Penhallow answered "Hello?"

"Hey, it's Alec Lightwood"

"Yes Alec, what can I do for you today?"

"Umm, it's about the terrorist attacks in Paris."

"What about them?"

"Well I was wondering if the Institute in Paris was hit and also if Catarina Loss is okay."

"Okay, the Institute wasn't hit but they are devastated by what happened, and Catarina is just fine and is volunteering to help the injured mundanes and Downworlders from the attack."

When I heard this I got a huge grin on my face. "Thank you for your help Jia." I said with relief in my voice.

"No problem, bye."

"Goodbye" I hung up the phone and decided to make breakfast in bed for Magnus. Walking to the fridge I looked to see what was inside it. Looks like we had eggs, bacon, biscuits, and some orange juice. Quickly getting to work I was finished in 30 minutes. I put it all on a tray and brought it into the bedroom for Magnus and I to share. 

"Mags, wake up" I told him to no effect. Putting the tray down on the bedside table, I leaned down and kissed him passionately. He jerked awake and then responded kissing me back. Breaking the kiss so that he could eat I told him the news. "Magnus I called Idris while you were asleep and I have some very good news. The Institute was never hit with and Catarina is fine. In fact she's helping take care of the injured Mundanes and Downworlders." As I said this my grin grew wider.

 But when Magnus heard that Cat was okay he jumped up and attacked me. His lips attached to mine as he was renewed with energy. AS the kiss became heated and desperate, I heard the snap of fingers and suddenly all of our clothes disappeared. You can say breakfast was forgotten that day.

____________________________________________________________________________________

Hey guys, sorry this is so short. But I wanted to make a one-shot in tribute to Paris. And I hope you guys liked it, and if you did remember to vote and comment. Also if you could give me any suggestions that would be helpful and I will definitely write them. Well anyways that's it bye :) *Fly's away through time to go to a My Chemical Romance concert*