thirty-four;

I screamed loudly. Ross shook me violently, trying to wake me up.

"Baby, please, what's going on?"

I shot up, breathing heavily. "I'm sorry I woke you." He smiled, "Bad dream?" I nodded. He pulled my head into his chest and gently laid back down. "It's almost noon, how do you feel?" I shrugged, "Better than yesterday." I pulled him up with me, heading downstairs.

I sniffed in, "Delly's making breakfast!" Ross and I raced to the kitchen. "Me first!" I screamed, tripping and falling on Riker. I laughed, "Sorry, Rik."

"You guys were barely at the party last night, what happened?" I sighed, "I got sick and Ross wouldn't leave. I wanted him to go party with you guys, but he wouldn't leave my side." I poked his side.

"I actually don't feel that great right now either." I turned to Ross, "Babe?" He nodded. "Will you call the doctor's office later and make me an appointment."

"I'll do it right now."

As he walked out of the room, I dropped to the floor. "It's taking everything in me not to collapse in front of him." Rydel dropped beside me. "Is everything okay? What's going on with you?" I shrugged, "I'm not sure."

Riker grabbed my hand and helped me up.

"I'm taking you to the hospital." I shook my head quickly. "Ross is stressed out enough, he's been working on so many auditions lately. I don't want him to worry, he's got enough on his plate. I'll be fine, I promise." Riker persisted, "You're not okay."

Ross walked back in the room.

His eyes glanced down to Riker's arms around me, holding me up. "Is everything okay?" I quickly nodded, "Yes, baby." I let go of Riker and supported myself. "I couldn't get you an appointment until next week. The date is the same as my audition, but I can cancel it." Riker interrupted, "Don't worry, I can take her."

"Alright," Ross grabbed a pancake off one of the plates and bit it. "I have to go. These are awesome, Dells."

As he walked out the door, I leaned back into Riker. "I'm scared." My eyes started to fill up. Riker put his arm around my shoulder and supported me. "Please get some rest, Ross won't be back for the rest of the day," Rydel said.

I leaned on Riker and we slowly walked upstairs. Rydel followed closely behind. "Take her in my room." Riker sat me on the couch. "I'll be fine here." He felt my forehead, "You're burning up." Rydel disappeared into the bathroom, returning minutes later with a cold towel.

"Lay back," She spoke as she laid the cloth on my head.

Riker lifted up my legs and sat down on the end of the couch. "I'm right here."

He turned on the television and started flipping through the channels, stopping at friends.

The next few days went by quickly. I stayed on the couch for most of them. Ross was off doing auditions and I had Riker by my side.

I glanced down at my buzzing phone, Ross. I answered and tried to speak in my normal voice.

"Hello?" He seemed so excited, "I just got the call about an audition I did a few days ago and they actually want me! They want to start filming immediately so I'll be home late tomorrow, but I'm on my way home now."

"That sounds amazing, Ross."

"Thanks for being so cool about all of this and tell Riker I said thanks for taking care of you."

"I will."

He hung up. I handed the phone to Riker and ran to the bathroom.

The nausea never went away. I was constantly vomiting and couldn't keep anything down. I had a fever, but it went away at moments. I was tired all the time, no matter how much sleep I got. I had lost so much weight in a matter of days.

"That's it, Laur. I'm taking you to the hospital."

I had been pleading with him for days not to take me, I didn't want Ross to worry.

"I'm worried about you, I hate seeing you like this."

Riker put his arms around me and lifted me. He grabbed my blanket and started down the stairs.

"Dells! Grab everyone and get in the car, I'm taking Laura to the hospital."

We slowly walked outside and Riker put me in the backseat. Rocky jumped in the Driver's seat and Rydel sat in the passenger seat with the GPS on her phone. I spread out across Riker and Ell on the backseat.

"Everything's gonna be fine, Laur. No matter what, we're always gonna be there," Ell whispered as he rubbed my arm. "We love you."

A few minutes later, we arrived.

Riker picked me up and carried me inside the emergency room. He was crying.

"I don't know what to do!" He screamed. "She's sick, she's really sick and I can't do anything to make her better!" A receptionist ordered him to sit down and fill out the forms.

"She's sick all the time! I can't stop it! I can't make it go away!"

I saw the blonde boy dart inside the emergency room doors.

"Laura!" He called.

"Ross, I'm sorry."

He leaned down and put his forehead against mine.

"I'm ruining everything."

He shook his head.

"She needs help! Why can't you see that? She can't even stand up by herself anymore!"

I stood up and tried to walk towards him, he turned around just as I collapsed.

"Baby!"

A/N

Comment "oh no" if you read this chapter

Sadly, I'm going to be ending this book soon...

Good news is that I'll be writing a sequel!!!