12. Exit wounds

authors note

Sorry I havent updated in a while but heres the next chapter and remember to vote comment and follow!! xx

*3 weeks later*

Stacie P.O.V

Danny's still not woken up yet. Its been three weeks. I've just settled into Glens apartment but I miss him, I'd give anything for a Danny hug right now.

I grabbed my bag and headed out of the house where I walked slowly to the park. I felt safe at the park because it reminds me of when I was younger and my auntie used to take me. Those were the happy times, when my auntie used to look after me because my dad was at work. But then he had to start drinking didn't he. Thats when he had abused me and made me go into care.

My life is a mess now and Danny's not here. He was the one person who said he wouldn't leave me and yet he has. I could feel tears roll down my cheeks. Great! Now I'm crying. I wiped them away and started to swing on the swing.

*Glen's P.O.V*

I came out the shower and noticed Stacie wasn't here. She must of went out. I got changed and made a drink of tea before setting off to the studio to meet Mark because he has an idea for a song. It's quite pointless really since Danny's not here to sing it but I may as well go, I've got nothing else better to do.

I drink my tea then get washed before heading out the door. Rain had started to drizzle now so I chose to drive instead that way I don't get soaked.

Mark was already there and waiting for me. He handed me a sheet with scribbled lyrics on it. I read through them. He had called it Give the love around. Hhmmm it was good actually. I sat at my drum kit trying to find a beat. Mark sat with his guitar trying to get a good rhythm.

Hours had passed and we only had a few chords but not enough for a full song. I eventually gave up and said goodbye to Mark before driving home. I'm glad I had brought the car as it was now pouring down with rain.

*Stacie's P.O.V*

Oh great! It has to rain doesn't it. I hate the weather. I jumped off the swing and walked back to Glens. I only had a hoodie on so it wasn't long before I was soaked to the skin.

I was only a few streets away when my phone started to ring...

*Glens P.O.V*

I changed out of my wet clothes and switched on the t.v. to watch the big bang theory. I love this programme. I settled down when my phone rang.

"Hello, is this Mr Power?" a voice asked.

"yeah, who's this?" I replied.

"This is doctor Chitten I have some news on Mr O'Donghue" she said.

"Has he woken up yet?" I questioned.

"He woke up about three minutes ago, would you like to come up to the hospital and visit him now?" She asked.

"Yeah, I would, I'll be up in about half an hour" I said before hanging up.

I rang Stacie who still hadn't come in yet.

*Stacie P.O.V*

"Hey Glen whats up?" I asked him

"Danny's awake, can you come home and we'll go up to the hospital now?" He asked.

"Yeah sure, I'll be there soon" and I hung up.

Danny was awake! I was only a couple of streets away so I decided to run the rest of the way.

I got in and was bright red in the face and totally out of breath. Glen told me to change into some dry clothes so I did then we drove to the hospital. We walked along the corridors to his room where he was sitting up eating some cake and opening up some cards that the fans had sent him. He smiled as he seen us. I ran up to him and gave him a massive hug while Glen went to ring Mark and tell him the news.

"Do you want to help me open up all the cards?" He asked me. I nodded and helped him open all the cards. Glen came in and helped too.

Once we had opened them all and stood them up on the windows and the tables and on the silver tray next to his bed we counted them. He had a total of 238 cards and had insisted on opening all of them. Soon the doctor came in and told us we had to go so Danny could sleep but he said he should be able to come home in a few days. We reluctantly left and went back to Glens apartment smiling for the first time in ages.