Ch. 4 I'd Appreciate it if You'd Stop Stalking Us

Hey guys! I'm back, again! Here's the update some of you have asked for... while others were too shy to comment and say so ;) Well, hope you enjoy! :)

Chapter Four:

I'd Appreciate it if You'd Stop Stalking Us

“Hi, I have a pizza delivery for a,” He pauses to look at the receipt, “Katherine Johnson.”

Kathy suddenly appears beside me saying, “I didn’t order any pizza.”

A voice comes from behind the pizza guy, “I did. I thought we could eat it on the way to our date.”

Kathy squeals as she runs and hugs him. “Robbie! I’m so glad you made it! Come on in, we’ll eat it inside and then we can leave on this surprise date you’re taking me on.

Earlier I had thought that Drew’s surprise date idea sounded romantic. Now Robbie had ruined it by being uncharacteristically romantic. Maybe this was his way of trying to get lucky tonight and, for Kathy’s sake, I hope it doesn’t happen.

Thankfully, Drew showed up at that moment and I take his hand and leave with him. Now I really begin to wonder where he may be taking me. The movie theatre? A bowling alley? As he drives right past both, my mind really starts to wonder. After about twenty minutes, we finally come to a stop by the woods. “Drew, what are we doing?”

Truthfully, I’ve never been afraid of the dark… until now. These woods are unfamiliar and I don’t know what lurks inside them.

“Trust me,” He whispers as he takes me by the hand. Just the touch of his hand soothes me and I’m fearless as we walk into the dark unknown. We walk for a long time with me clinging to him, partially out of fear and mostly out of comfort. This is definitely not what I imagined I would be doing on my vacation, I think as he pulls me closer.

The trees start to thin, and soon sand is tickling my toes through my flip flops. Um, the beach? I almost blurt out to him.

As he looks at me, his eyes are sparkling with joy. “This is my favorite place to be. It’s secluded, quiet, and very few people know about it.” He pauses, sighing, “When my parents disappeared, I found this place and came here all the time. Most of the time I brought Callie with me and even the child less than a year old felt the serenity this place holds.”

We sit down, and Drew places his hand lightly on mine. “Thanks for doing this tonight. I wasn’t sure if you would want to go anywhere with your friend.”

“Oh, it’s fine.” I say, smiling at him.

He shakes his head, “You know… I don’t really like her too much. She seems kind of rude, and way too up in my space.”

“I could tell you don’t like her… but she’s still my best friend. She knows everything about me, and I’m used to her. Sometimes she gets under my skin, but I still love her.”

Drew looks at me intensely, searching my face for something. Finally he sighs in resignation, “Sorry that this date is so cliché and that I’m so unromantic. I just thought that-”

I cut him off, “This is an amazing date and I couldn’t have asked for better.”

He smirks at me, “Well, if this is good enough and you don’t want to go to the really fun part of the date…”

“No!” I shout, “I do, I do, I do!” At this point, anything that involved spending more time with him would be amazing. His dark hair, falling just short of his green eyes and curling slightly outwards… I honestly got lost in them until I realized he was smirking as if he’d just won a bet.

A Faetful VacationOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara