Ch. 6 Whoa, Wait, You've Been Here Too?!

Here's my upload! :D Sorry to keep you all waiting, but school is already cramming on the homework, and my softball team is doing awesome so we are pretty busy. Anyways, here it goes:

"Drew's coming over!" I sing as I skip around the room, tidying it.

The doorbell rings and moments later Kathy shouts, "Sadie Belle! Drew is here!"

"Send him back here!" I shout as I hurriedly toss pillows onto the bed at random. Drew appears in the doorway looking amazing. His attire of flip flops, khaki pants, and a plaid blue shirt -only halfway buttoned- suits him well.

He smirks at me before picking up a pillow, "Your quick attempt at cleaning wasn't quite successful."

I sigh, looking around the still cluttered room. I'd been here for less than a week and it was terrible! "I know. But I have to clean it up before we go anywhere or my mom will kill me."

"I'll help." He suggests, "What else do you have to do?"

"Not much." I say, looking at my list, "All I have left is laundry, organize shells, sweep floors and mop."

"Shells?"

I point at my collection of sea shells for his answer. His mouth forms an "O" shape.

I smirk at him, "Not man enough to handle some seashells?"

"You better get started on that laundry or I'm going to beat you." He says, taking a shell into his hands.

"Oh, it's so on." I say as I start on my pile of laundry.

He finishes his job way before me and starts sweeping the floor, mocking me simultaneously. I realize he is about to sweep up my strange pile of sparkly dust I had left in the corner.

"No!" I shout and scoop some of it up.

"Don't touch that!" Drew says as he swipes it out of my hands just a millisecond too late. The room disappeared and we were suddenly on a cobblestone street filled with people. All of them were dressed in ragged, dirty clothes that hung loosely over their figures.

I watch Drew shakes his head, "Why did you touch the stupid dust?"

"Because," I begin out of exasperation, "Last time I did it took me to this really pretty garden. I assumed it was just a dream but this... this is no dream. Correct?"

Drew solemnly looks at me. "No. It is not."

Looking at Drew, I realize something. "You've been here too? Why didn't you tell me?"

I've drawn attention from some passersby. Was it my clothes? Being a new face? Or because I yelled that last question at Drew?

"Come with me." Drew says as he extends his hand to me.