It started with a Splash

By Altoviola

It was a quiet summer day with the tiniest bit of breeze flowing when young Adriana & Cassius were playing in the river, this "quiet day" changed their lives forever. It all begins here,

"Adriana I bet that you can't beat me in a splashing contest!"

"Have at you Cassy!" she then rapidly hits him with the water, Cassy swims to try an escape but he's too slow for Adriana, she swims right behind him still splashing. The water gets more rapid as they swim farther down the stream, this doesn't both Adriana, she's practically a fish. But Cassy moved to the village only a fortnight ago, he's never been in this type of water.

"Adriana! Wait!"

Adriana looks behind and doesn't see him, "Come on Cassy, stop joking around." she waits for about three minutes, "Cassius? Where are you? If you're going to scare me do it already!" another minute, Adriana takes a deep breath and dives into the murky river water. Cassius had gotten his foot trapped in some of the seaweed and was tiredly failing. Adriana grabbed Cassy's waist and pulled with all of her might, it didn't work. She went up for air and tried again, nope. Again, nope. Adriana starts to cry. Then something odd happens, it seems that time itself freezes and a mysterious figure appears in front of her.

"Why are you crying, fairy of water?"

"Why has everything stopped?! What are you?!"

"Everything has stopped because it's your power day. I'm your Oberon, Patience."

"I don't know what that is and I'm Adriana, not some girl named Patience."

"The humans, they lied to you didn't they!"

"I'm human!"

"Yeah, and the sky is green."

"Can you just help me save my friend?"

"Patience, I don't know how much those humans have told you about yourself but you're the fairy of water. Just ask it to move away from him."

"What's it?"

"The water!"

Now feeling that this Oberon thing was nuts but realizing that it could stop time Adriana spoke, "Water please leave Cassy alone." a bubble of air surrounded him and it moved him to the river bank

"See." time then unfroze, and the Oberon was gone

"Cassy!" Adriana screams

He coughs harshly, "Yes?"

She runs over to him, "Are you okay?!"

"I guess, the last thing I remember was getting caught in the seaweed and you diving down to save me."

He doesn't know about the air bubble nor the Oberon and he can ever, Adriana does trust him but what would happen if, "Adriana not human but is monster." got out?! No one would care that her powers could be used for good, they'd be afraid.

"Yeah, some how I was to pull you ashore." she smiles

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~