1

"Mom, please don't cry. I'll be back to visit and I'll call all the time. Don't worry mom, I love you."

     I lean my head out of my black Bentley and call out to my mother, who is crying into her hands on our front porch. "I know, honey. I love you too. Don't get your self into too much trouble. I love you." I smile and wave as I  back out of my drive way and turn on the radio. The song 679 comes on, and I can't help but to hum along to it. I race down the road, stopping only at stoplights, trying to get away from this town, away from these people, away from it all. I've lived here ever since I was born. I've never moved, not once in my life. But I guess it wasn't all that bad. My mom and dad are millionaires, finding the first ever cure to breast cancer. We live in this big 3 story house in this neighborhood where everyone thinks that they are better than everyone. I hate it in this town. Everyone is snobby, trying to prove that they are better than everyone. The only person that I know of that not rude and snobby is my best friend, Abby, who's parents are local business owners. I think I'm going to miss her most of all, other than my mom and dad of course. I race down the road, get on the highway, and drive. I won't arrive at the school for at least 8 hours, so I try to relax and focus on the road.

--
    I arrive at the school, exhausted, and go to the campus office to get my room number and keys. My room number is #16A. I walk down a long hallway and finally reach my dorm, put the key in the lock, and open the door. I look around the almost empty room and sigh. My room mates' already here. On their side of the room they have the same setup as me, a twin bed and a small wooden desk. But that was the only similarity. Their bed had navy blue sheets with a white and navy blue stripped comforter. The bed was full of junk, a large suitcase taking up the majority if the bed. A few stray pieces of clothing were on the bed, and they looked like guys clothes. On the wall behind the bed was a few football posters, mostly for FSU and the Dallas Cowboys. Their desk was cluttered with items, a set of keys, a small black carry-on bag, text books, food, and a bunch of other junk. I sigh and walk over to the open bed and plop my purse and keys down and sit down. The mattress is hard as a rock, and it smells faintly of cigarette smoke and trees. I recoil at the smell, my mother is a smoker and whenever I smelled her it always gave me a huge headache. I groan and put my hands on my head and hear the toilet flush. I look up, expecting to see a girl, but instead I find a muscular, tall guy standing there, his eyes wide with shock.

"Are you in the right room, sweetheart?" He asks, walking over to me and staring at me.

I blush and grab my keys from where they sit next to me. "16A, isn't this 16A?" I ask, my face burning brighter every second.

He looks genuinely confused and smiles. "Why, yes it is." He sat down next to me, and held out his hand.

"Well, my names Blake. And you are?" He asks, smiling.

"Alexis" I say staring at my hands.

"Well, I guess you're my roommate then. This is going to be a fun 4 years." He says, smirking.

"I suppose so." I mumble.

I rise from off the bed and grab my keys. "Where are you going?" He asks.

"I'm going to get my stuff." I say, rolling my eyes.

His eyes change from a playful blue to a determined gray, which was kinda cool. "Oh. Do you need any help?" He asks.

"Nope I think I'm good. But thank you." I smile at him.

"You're welcome, sweetheart." He says, winking at me.

My face turns red and I practically run out of the room before he sees me.