Raving

Allison and my dad made their way into the morgue of the hospital. I was left at home because my dad knew I wouldn't give up any information to him. My dad looked at the bodies id's and spoke, "This one, Sean. Sean was killed by this thing Gerard said is kind of a shape shifter, it hasn't been around for centuries." Allison nodded, and she told, "The thing you shot outside the club the other night."

My dad then said, "A South American legend we know of calls it the kanima." Allison looked apprehensive, so he pointed to the woman and added, "This other one, Jessica. She was smothered to death after giving birth. The police think it was done by someone else, we think it's the person controlling the other shape shifter. That means two killers, Allison: one human, one not."

"You know, the question I had, and the one your sister asked me, after Gerard first told me about our family, why us? He quoted Winston Churchill, 'The price of greatness is responsibility.' Personally, I think it's more about knowledge. What we know about the truth, we know about the world, that makes us responsible. For a young couple, their newborn daughter, anyone who doesn't have the power to defend themselves, are you starting to get it?" He lectured.

"I get that this isn't a lecture, this is an interrogation. You knew Sydney wouldn't tell you anything even if she knew, so you brought me." Allison replied shakily, and my dad responded, "That depends on what you know. Gerard showed me the library. The cameras didn't catch everything, but do you really think a little high school fight can explain that amount of damage? We know that you and your sister are just trying to protect your friends. But people are dying, a child was orphaned, your sister was attacked by the kanima. What you know makes you responsible for this."

He then pulled the sheet off of Jessica's body, and Allison looked away with tears in her eyes. "What do you want me to tell you?" She whispered, and my dad said, "Anything you know, anything that can lead us to answering the question that might mean everything. Who controls the kanima?"

I pulled up to the vet's office as I saw Derek and Isaac walk in, Great. I opened the door quietly as Deaton said, "That depends, are we planning to kill him or save him?" Scott and Derek both replied, "Save him." and "Kill him" simultaneously. I rolled my eyes and stated, "Save him." They all turned to me, and I smiled at Scott who nodded appreciatively, "Save him." He clarified.

Dr. Deaton ushered the four of us into the examination room and placed a rack of powders in front of us. As Isaac put his hand out, Derek pulled it back, "Watch what you touch." Then, Isaac asked, "So what are you, some kind of witch?" I chuckled a little at that next to Scott, who gave a little smile at Deaton's answer, "No, I'm a veterinarian." He then turned to Scott and I and spoke, "Unfortunately, I don't see anything here that's gonna be an effective defense against a paralytic toxin."

"Well, we're open to suggestions." Derek told, and Isaac butted in, "What about an effective offense?" "We already tried. I nearly took its head off, and Argent emptied an entire clip into it, the thing just gets back up." Derek informed the vet. "Has it shown any weaknesses?" He asked, and I answered, "Well one, it can't swim." Scott then added, "And it won't do anything to Sydney. It kind of just stares at her and walks away." I glared at him as he said that, and the other men in the room snapped their heads in my direction.

"Do either of those go for Jackson as well?" Deaton asked, and I shook my head, "No, Jackson's the captain of the swim team. And the two of us aren't exactly friends." "Essentially, we're trying to catch two people." He grabbed a coin type thing and showed it to us as he continued, "A puppet and a puppeteer. One killed the husband, but the other had to take care of the wife, do we know why?"

Scott answered, "I don't think Jackson could do it. His mother died pregnant too, and she could have been murdered. I think he couldn't let the same thing happen to someone else." "How do you know it's not part of the rules? The kanima kills murderers, if Jackson kills the wife, then the baby dies too." Isaac added, and Scott asked, "Does that mean your father was a murderer?" Isaac then muttered, "It wouldn't surprise me if he was."