18. Jessica-Rabbit

Soraya's POV:

"Did you hear about that college party last night?" I overheard one of the girls in the hallway whisper to her friend. They were both standing across from my locker as I was getting out my Modern History text book and despite what they thought, the absolutely sucked at whispering.

"Oh my god yes, like no one got invited." The friend replied, barely managing to keep her high pitched voice below a decibel.

"I heard that Ashton got invited." At that I regrettably tuned in more on their conversation, I don't know why, but I just wanted to know. I hadn't seen Ashton or any of the guys over the weekend, too busy working at the bar. Xavier had texted me a bit over the weekend but I wasn't as comfortable with him as I once was. That party he'd left me alone at was still fresh in my mind and I honestly don't think it would feel the same with him ever again.

"Well duh, how could he not get invited, I mean have you seen him? He's gorgeous."

"That's not even the most scandalous part," The original girl replied, hushing her voice and I can't believe how much I was eaves dropping right now. "I heard he took Jessica Vancouver with him."

What in the name of holy Hell is a Jessica Vancouver?

"No way!"

"Yes way! I bet they totally hooked up"

"She's so lucky, I hate her."

"Shh, here she comes now" And at that I couldn't stop myself from turning around to see who this mysterious person was. Clearly she was big talk around the school, but considering I had been her for a few weeks you'd think I would have seen her before.

But there she was, and I didn't have a single doubt on who this Jessica was because she stood out like a goddamn super model and everyone stepped back out of her way immediately. She had long brunette hair, a heart shaped face and legs that could kill a guy, and believe me I could see a whole lot of those legs considering her skirt was about the width of my arm. The hallway went almost silent for a moment as she passed, only to stop beside the two girls from before.

"Jess! Oh my god you're back!" The high pitched one squeaked, her excitement as fake as her nails. But apparently Jessica didn't seem to mind as she leaned in and air-kiss both sides of the girl's cheek.

"I know, I already miss Australia, the weather was so much better." Jessica responded, flicking her hair over her shoulder with a pout. Judging from her accent she was actually French. How lovely.

"You're so lucky." One of the other girls fawned but I couldn't stand to hear any more of the fake voices and decided I'd eaves dropped enough to have lost about 25% of my brain cells. So after shutting my locker I made my way towards my class.

This Jessica seemed like a bitch really, and it was weird to think of her with Ashton. Although thinking back to when I'd first met him it didn't seem so unrealistic, he the most popular guy in school.

"Soraya!" Someone called and I glanced up from the ground to see Alistair grinning at me as he walked up.

"Hey Alice." I greeted with a smile,

"No, not you too!" Alistair groaned in disgust, clearly unhappy with the pet name but I just laughed at him as he fell into step beside me.

"So what did you want?" I asked, glancing past the wall of cherry hair that threatened to block everything from sight, I really should consider getting it cut short at some point.

"What? I can't just walk my darling friend to her next class?" He pouted and I rolled my eyes, "Urgh fine, you caught me, I came to make sure you were getting pumped for the game on Friday."