24. Maer Ragnvalsson

Soraya's POV:

"Soraya," Zeke's Voice trembled through the phone, and my veins filled with Ice.

"What? What happened?" He didn't respond, "Zeke?"

"Something went wrong, really wrong." Okay, what the fuck is going on?

"What went wrong? Zeke you're not making sense." I pointed out the obvious.

"It's Xavier, he... he's hurt." Was the reply I got, which didn't really help clear the situation at all.

"What? How hurt? Where is he? Where are you?" God, I might need to calm down with the questions here.

"At the hospital." Oh holy shit, that's not good. That's bad. That's very very bad.

"The actual hospital? You're at the actual hospital? Not an imaginary one, the real fucking deal?" silence emanated from the other side of the phone so I took that as a blunt 'yes'. Holy fuck. "Okay, um, what can I do to help?"

"I left my car at the party house, I was just hoping you could get it or something." He replied, voice distracted and quite.

"Okay, do you want me to pick you up?" I questioned.

"No, I want to be here when he wakes-"

"He's unconscious?! What in the name of batshit is going on?!" I shouted.

"We fell off the roof last night, Xav was drinking and had way too much and we ended up landing in the pool but – but Xav hit his head on something on the way down." Shit a motherfucking muffin.

"Alright, tell me what's going on as soon as you know, I'm going to wait until Ashton wakes up before I go anywhere though." I replied.

"Okay, thank you." Zeke finished quietly.

"Be careful, bye." I hung up before I went back into my bedroom, finding some clothes to get changed into since pyjamas aren't very respectable. I got a pair of clean skinny jeans and a baggy jumper to change into, leaving my room to change once again since it was still awkward as hell to change with Ashton in there asleep.

When I walked back into my room with my clothes on and my hair brushed I saw that Ashton was awake, kind of. His eyes were open and he was sitting up but, apart from the fact he looked confused as fuck, he looked like death himself.

"About time Sleeping Beauty." I stated as I grabbed a pair of socks, getting only a groan in response. "How you feeling?"

"Like someone smashed my head in with an anvil." He muttered.

"Pain killers?" I questioned, watching as his eyes moved to meet mine slowly.

'What kind of question is that?" He replied, so I smirked before I walked down stairs to find some. By the time I got back up with the pills and some water he had moved to sit on the edge of the bed, his head in his hands as he seemed to be even more confused. I handed the pain killers and the glass of water to him, watching as he struggled to swallow them.

"Where am I?" he asked bluntly.

"You're in my room." I answered.

"Why am I in your room? What happened last night?" Oh Jesus, this is a role reversal of what happened at the last party. I slightly shook my head, not knowing how to say it. I could go the blunt option... I mean nothing bad happened in the end, he's okay.

"Uh, you were..." I trailed off, taking another deep breath before I continued. "You were drugged." His eyes widened, and I threw my hands up as if to calm an animal or to prove that I had nothing in my hands. "You didn't get hurt, Calen found you first and eventually everyone gathered around. The executive decision was made that I would drive you home in your car, which was interesting because I don't know how to drive manuals. So, anyway, somehow I made it home without killing us and I let you sleep in my bed, which you should be exceptionally grateful for."