4 - Accept a Punch from Her Best Friend

4 – Accept a Punch from Her Best Friend

          Another thing about Erwin Gregory is that he has the ability to give his undivided attention to something or someone that interests him so much. Sure he's gonna go out to continue his killing spree but at the end of the day it is still Margoth he's going to think about. It amazes me also that he doesn't find enjoyment talking to ladies unless it's the blonde girl with the extraordinary green eyes. He's just too focused with her that I never predicted that he would make out with Mrs. Lewis. But however you want to piece it all together, it's all for the main girl.

          I was in the middle of figuring out what's my roommate's next move when Margoth Manson came running to me. I was on my way to my car but I heard her shouting my name so I turned around and waited for her. She was panting when she reached me so I had to wait a few more seconds until she can talk again.

          "I almost forgot," she breathed heavily and smiled. "You should come too. I mean, tomorrow."

          "Are you sure? We just met so I really don't think you want me there."

          "You're Erwin's friend, right? I'm sure you're as nice as him."

          As nice as him. I almost laughed my ass off. Goddamn, if only she knew how much of an insult she just said. Erwin Gregory is a monster. I'm not saying that I'm an angel sent from above. I, too, have done so many awful things but not as terrible and as monstrous as him. He's great and he fascinates me a lot but I don't want to be reduced as a comparison to him. If for her the best way to describe him is nice then fuck it, I don't want to be nice anymore.

          Instead of feeling resentful, I pitied her. She has no idea of what danger Erwin has planned for her. She has no idea that every time she sees him she's staring death in the face. I wanted to tell her. For once, I felt the need to save someone from him; but saving her means death to me so I just nodded my head and grinned.

          Maybe Erwin went overboard in describing her, or maybe I just underestimated his ability to manipulate wise girls like Margoth.

          "You want me to drive you home?" I offered. Erwin said he's going to visit his mother and since he can't drive her home I feel like I should do the honor.

          Margoth accepted my offer and together we walked towards my car. I opened the door for her and started my engine.

          She was staring at the window so I had the chance to glance at her. There's nothing uncommon about her aside from her eyes. She's pretty but not that kind that will freeze your world the moment you see her. She's active in class, smart talker, and she knows what she wants. The more you spend time with her, the more you're going to fall in love. Maybe that's why almost all the guys in our class secretly want to ask her out.

          "Erwin said you want to be a detective," I opened a conversation.

          "Yep, you're driving the future investigator Manson home," she wittily answered as she turned her head to me. "Partly because my dad's the sheriff but mainly because I want to catch criminals."

          I almost blurted out that if she really wants that career perhaps she should start digging more info about her special someone right now.

          She shifted her position to face me. "I personally believe that everyone is capable of doing something illegal. It's just a matter of how good you are at hiding it."