Chapter Two

When I got to my apartment the lights were on. I specifically remember turning off. I slowly walk in while putting my hand in my pocket and bringing out Hurricane. I close the door with my foot and put the keys in the bowl by the door.

I look around the living room, clear. No one's in here. I walk into the kitchen to see someone with curly brown hair. She's in a lilac dress, and has a golden leaf crown on her head.

I cough to grab her attention. She turns around and I see my best friend from Camp. "Kaya," I whisper out on the verge of tears. I notice she is, too. She just nods and I run up to her and we hug while crying into each other's shoulders.

She pulls back and holds me at arm's length. With the lilac dress she has a rainbow scale necklace, blue feather earrings, a silver bracelet, and a pastel rainbow bracelet. On her feet are golden sandals, and her makeup is mascara, black eyeliner, and rainbow eye shadow.

She's Kaya Isabel, Daughter of Iris. During a quest we had together she was turned into a vampire. She didn't go to Eyslium because she needs to find peace, then and only then will she go to Eyslium.

"Hey Marina, you look good."

I laugh threw my tears that've slown down, "Thanks, so do you," I pause and think for a second, "How are you even here?"

"I witch on the other side opened the door, and it needs to be closed," wait what, how could a witch even open the door.

"Okay, well how do we close it?" I ask her, she looks at me with sad eyes, "I love you Kaya, like a sister, you know this but think about all the evil supernaturals on the other side."

She nods her hand in understanding. "But we can hold it off 'til tomorrow night."

I smile at her, "Movie night, with my dead best friend. Who would've thought."

We laugh and I go get pajamas for her and myself. I get myself a Panic! at the Disco tee and grey cotton shorts. For her I give her a smile tank top that has a rainbow on it, and white and blue polka dot pj shorts.

I quickly get changed and toss her the clothes. "Thanks, tomorrow you can give me a tour of this lovely town, and find a way to close off the other side."

"Sounds good to me now get changed while I pick out a movie," she looks back at me from the door to my room.

"Horror."

"Gotcha, and while you're in my room get the bedspread and bring it out."

"Kk."

When she comes out a couple minutes later with the comforter, we get comfortable on the couch and I press play for the Exorcist.

[The Next Morning]

I get changed in my room as Kaya gets changed in the bathroom. Today I decided to wear a white "Love Cupcake" tank top, blue ripped skinny jeans, black hightops with blue on the inside, a blue hollister hoodie, a blue beanie, and a blue and gold arrow bracelet.

Kaya comes out of the bathroom in the same outfit she was wearing yesterday. I put Hurricane in my pocket and my phone in my butt pocket and we walk out of my room. Turning the lights off in the process.

I grab the keys out of the bowl that's by the door, and turn off the lights as we leave. In the hall I turn around and lock the door.

"Where we going today Marina?" Kaya asks me as we head down to the lobby.

"We are going to the park," she gives me a confused look, "I volunteered for an Illuminations Day thing, we have to set up lanterns around the main square."