Chapter Fourteen

[Clara's POV]

I was wearing a white collared, button down tank top, with short, lime green shorts. On my feet were white slip ons. I had a string necklace, with a plaque hanging on the end, around my neck, and a charm bracelet on my wrist.

I put my hair in a high ponytail, and put my new monster-proof phone in my back pocket. I slipped my ring/dagger on my middle finger and left Marina's apartment.

I walked down the stairs to the first floor, and left. I continued down the street, and went straight to the Grill. I went right up to the bar, and asked, "Have you seen Marina? Little bit shorter than me, black hair, green eyes to die for."

"Sorry," the bartender said with a shake of head, "But I'll ask around. What's her name again?"

"Marina Kersey," I say, "She's 18."

"Ask Sheriff Forbes, she might be able to help," she smiles and walks off to a guy down the bar.

"Thank you," I call after her.

I frown, Where could my possessed bestfriend be? If I were Esther, where would I be? My questions are answered, when I see Marina, still in her clothes from yesterday, walk out of the hallway that leads to the bathroom.

I sprint over there, and grab her arm in a tight grip, "Ow, Clara!" She whines.

Smirking at her, I say, "What's wrong, Fish Breath, hung over?"

"I just woke up, in underground caves, from being possessed by a 1,000 year old resurrected witch. You'd feel pretty shitty, too, Greenie," she snaps.

But, instead of hugging her like you'd expect, "Ugh, seriously, 'Greenie'? Just because it's a goes with me and is apart of The Maze Runner, doesn't mean you have to call me it."

She just scoffs, "Of course it does. Now bring me home, woman. I need a change of clothes."

"Fine," I mumble, and drag her to the bar. I call the attention of the bartender from earlier, "Never mind, I found her." I lean over the bar and whisper, "She's hungover."

"Are not!" Marina smacks me, "Jerk."

I just roll my eyes and smile at the bartender, "I'll take her home now." Before Marina can say anything, I grip her wrist and drag her across the street, toward her apartment.

Once we get to the third floor, I quickly unlock her door, and throw her to get room, "Go get changed."

"I will!" She shouts back.

[Marina's POV]

I trudge to my room, and take a quick shower. After I'm clean I will myself dry, and pick random clothes from my dresser. I grab a strapless bra, and underwear, plus some socks, and a off the shoulder black sweater with an anchor on it. For pants, I grabbed light blue skinny jeans, and for shoes, I just got blue vans with a floral design.

After I put it all on, I put light pink lipstick on, and put my hair in a side braid. After I put my phone in my pocket, along with Hurricane, who I found on top of my dresser, by my sketch books, I put in blue and black anchor earrings.

Once I'm all done, I walk out of my room, and into the living room, where I find Clara sitting on the couch, watching TV, "DONE!!" I shout, causing her to practically fly off the couch, "Oh Gods," I breath out, "Shoulda seen your face."

She just rolls her eyes, and gets ready to say something, but my phone cuts her off. I pull it out of pocket, and look at the screen. Incoming Call from Barbie.