Chapter Two- My past.

When I was born my mother was expecting me to be a girl, so she left my father with me. He had to manage not just me, but a whole city as he was the Lord of Ferringway. As he was rather good friends with the King of Lidan he begged the king to take me under his wing, being a helpful and trusting friend the King said that he would take me as his godson. And with that at the age of 5 months I was transferred to the castle of Lidan to be looked after for 5 years. The King was used to parenting as he and the Queen had 4 sons and 7 daughters who were already at the age of 12 to 30. Most of them were either triplets or twins. So for 5 years I was treated like part of the family with love.

My father than was ready to parent me as he got the city situation under control, when I moved back the first couple of months were awkward as I was used to the laughter and fun of the massive courtroom that me and the King's children used to play in, now I was all alone. But. It seemed, that I wasn't lonely for long as my father got engaged to a woman who then became my step-mother and moved into the mansion. She brought along 3 daughters who were the same age, which was 8 at the time. My step-mother was rather nice to me butnyer daughters weren't. Picking on me and pulling on my hair was the start of it.

When I was 7 they pushed me down the stairs and before that placed a bag of flour so I got covered in it and told off. After that I started getting massive bruises from them as they started to hurt me more. The last straw of my patience went when I was 9. Where they almost pushed me down the stairs again but I was ready, I grabbed my eldest sister Julia's collar as she pushed me and brought her down with me. As we tumble down the stairs she clawed me in the face and cut my cheek quite badly. My step-mother and father came from drafting room to see what was going on, they saw me and Julia laying in a heap on the floor with me bleeding from my cheek.

With a bleeding lip I told them what happened and my step-mother grounded the three sisters for a year or until they apologised to me and made amends. It took the triplets three months to realise that they weren't going anywhere unless they apologised, so they did, on my birthday. Well, giving me a cake that took all three of them to make with the icing saying 'we are sorry' is what I find an apology. So they started fresh with me and 2 years later, when I was 11 we were out and about the streets of Ferringway way when people tried to make off with one of our money from our wallets but my sisters fought back. A man was about my sister Maria down when I kicked him in the crotch and said these very words that made my sisters feel protected forever.

'You can hurt me all you want. But if you hurt my sisters than I will find you and hurt you even more!' After that little run in, life went back too normal until I was 14. When my father suggested that I went and trained to become a knight. I refused outright before thinking about it over night. The next morning I told my father I was wrong and I signed up as the youngest recruit in the entire country of Lidan to become a knight. I rose through the ranks quickly and in 5 years, I was at one of the highest points that is possible; the ruby rank. It's rarity grants the owner of the armour a pass to any place in Tenaga and Lidan. I then was appointed to be captain of an entire army when I was 18 and now I was a high rank.