Chapter Seven

It's already been a week of trekking and walking from Lidan's city to Dragons Rock, a harsh, cold place that is in the mountains. But beautiful, as the sun shines off the misted tops of the mountains that tower over hills and small caves.

"Why do we have to go this way? Couldn't we just go around?" Vanilla asks me as a burst of bone chilling wind rushes past Peach, Vanilla and I.

"No! The entire border between Lidan, Tenaga and Vesam is a mountain range where passes are really hard to find. This is one of the easiest ways to travel through." I shout to Vanilla, who is hiding behind me with Peach. At the moment I'm being used as an obstacle to block out the cold wind. I dig my feet into the snow before continuing my way towards the rocky village that I can see on the other side of the snowy valley.

"It will take us about a day to get up to that village! We have to stop." Vanilla explains and I look around to find a cave that is hidden from the icy claws of the wind. I start going over to it before we stop inside and collapse. Peach is covered in snow and Vanilla seems to be freezing as she's only wearing a bikini.

"Here. Warm up to this..." I cast Gawœß zêúœ again, this time using more magic to keep it on the air as I try and set up some stuff around the cave. Which goes down into the earth more than I thought it would. A little alcove where water is settling looks perfect for making a spa. I look back to see Peach and Vanilla are sleeping, with the fire spell clutched between their arms. I roll my eyes before going back out side in the wind and gathering some snow before melting it over the alcove. Causing the water to slowly go up until I deem it high enough to fit both of the girls.

Its roughly the same size as the bath that I was in a week ago, but it's wider and deep by about 3 inches. I then approach the edge of the cave and focus on a book that I bought just for this. The book's title is: Rock Forming for Mages. I continue to read it before learning some new chants and the spell I wanted to know; Rock Wall. I continue to go over the book before I learn the magic spell off by heart, which takes me from it being evening to midnight.

I stand back up before increasing the heat slightly on the flame spell that is being smothered by Peach and Vanilla before focusing on my mana. "I must see it as a wall, that is as strong as rock." It takes a mountain of sweating and effort from me before unlocking the spell and using it on an animal that was frolicking harmlessly through the deserted mountains. Trapping it's legs before letting it go.

The reason why most people can't use magic is because it uses the person's energy, concentration and their patience to create something. When first learning a spell. The user needs to look at the spell and understand it, know what you can use it for and then try to mold their mana into the shape of the spell. Walls are usually quite easy to make as they are just a simple shape. But things like water and fire barriers, they are constantly moving. Which causes the user to concentrate on using the spell even more.

I finish trying out the spell and attempt at making the wall to block off the warmth from the flame spell that is slowly leaking out into the coldness. I open my eyes before sitting down, crossing my legs and holding my hands out in front of me. "Æwoh" I strain to say before I hear a slight groan as the earth allows a chunk of itself rise up before settling into place just where I wanted it. I let out a sigh in relief before falling back. I left enough room for me to put my elbows between the new wall and old wall.

Getting up, I place my hands into the water in the alcove before taking a deep breath and using Gawœß zêúœ once more. Heating the water up extremely quickly before I collapse from magic exhaustion.

"Hey girls... Bath is ready." I gasp for breath before using the last of my magic and causing a flare in temperature on the flame that the girls are using to keep alive. They wake up abruptly to see me on the floor, sweating buckets and a wall to their left. Before noticing a bath that is steaming.