Chapter Five

"So let me get this straight, if you don't marry someone of a pure heart, then the whole world will be torn apart?" I reassess what the girl rolling around on my bed as just told me. She sits up before nodding, her ears wiggling from time to time. "Can you at least tell me your name?" I ask her, feeling hopeless about this task that has been brought onto me.

"Peach, Peach Marifa." Peach tells me, I remember that name, where was it from? Suddenly, it clicks into place.

"Hold on, don't say that your THAT Peach Marifa, King Marifa of Tenaga's youngest daughter." I ask her and she takes a second before nodding. "Oh great, just great, just when I thought that I got out of nobilities radar, a princess shows up and asks me to marry her. Just bloody great." I start ranting off about how absurd this is till I've had enough and sat back down in my chair.

Half of Tenaga is covered with halfling people, the king, Richard Marifa is a dog demon, which is why Peach is a halfling too.

"Why do you continue to sniff all of my belongings?" I ask Peach, who is currently underneath my duvet and is sniffing madly, as I can hear it through the thick material that my duvet is.

"You smell nice." Is her answer, which infuriates me more.

"How do you know that the world will end if I don't marry you?" I ask her and she stops sniffing for a moment. The next sound I hear is the faint noise of a pencil scratching on parchment. Which she then hands to me before jumping back into my bed and starts to roll around. I look down at the parchment.

The Goddess Of Prophets, Mara, came to my father and told him of a great danger. The only way to prevent the danger from happening is to let my father's youngest daughter (me) to marry someone of a kind and pure heart. You are the person I chose.

I look it over again and again before throwing the parchment in the fire, allowing it to burn and melt in the flame before turning my attention back to Peach. Who seems to be enjoying my hammock. "I have to think about this, whilst I am thinking about this. Where are you going to stay?" I ask her and she tells me with a muffled voice.

"Here."

"Can't you go to an inn?"

"Too noisy"

"How about a hotel?"

"Too... Remote."

"Ugh! Fine, you can stay. But not for long. I don't want fellow soldiers discovering that I have a woman in my home, let alone the 4th princess of King Marifa." I tell her with precaution. She nods, excited that she gets to stay. "Why did you bite me earlier?" I ask her, puzzled by her actions earlier.

"Tradition of Marriage." She tells me and I nod.

"Okay so it was the tradition of Ma- wait a minute! Tradition of Marriage?! I haven't even decide if I'm marrying you yet! So don't try to speed things up!" I yell at Peach, who just stares at me with an emotionless face for a moment before going back to sniffing my stuff. "You don't listen do you?" I murmur to myself before getting off of my chair and removing my armour and putting it in the corner nearest to the fireplace.

I need some sleep after today, scoot over or get off my bed." I bark at Peach whilst being rather irritated, Peach hops over to the side of my bed and let's me curl up in my duvet.

"Stop sniffing me, or I will kick you out and not let you back in." I growl at Peach as I hear the faintest of sniffs close to me. I keep my eyes closed before slowly falling into a patchy sleep.

************

The next thing I know I can hear birds tweeting and crickets singing in the morning sun. Which manages to pierce through my shutters and cause dust to dance about. I hear a sniff next to me, which causes a shudder to sprint up my spine. I look to my left to see Peach is sleeping next to me, with a part of my shirt stuck in her grasp and right next to her nose, even when that girl is asleep she still manages to sniff me. I then notice that she's take off her cloak, so I pull the duvet off of her with my free arm to find that she's wearing a dress and tights, the colours are simple, but the dress itself is complicated. Parts of it are checkered between a greyish colour and a brown-red. She has a scarf that is wrapped around her neck loosely, which is striped with a dark grey and light grey.