Chapter Four

As I get back to my house Mother has recovered from fainting and my sisters have sat down on the floor, making sure not to touch the body of the woman or the flattened boards where I propelled the monster into. "Has anybody come in here?" I ask the girls and they shake their heads slightly. I kneel down next to the body of the woman before picking it up and walking out the house and towards the graveyard that Lidan proudly boasts for some reason.

I lay down the woman next to her fallen comrades, before looking around the graveyard. The dead enemies are layered down, even if they are our enemies. We still treat the dead with respect. The graveyard also has a weird mist hovering above the ground. Tombs and pedestals are numbered about the place. I walk out of the graveyard before it starts to give me the creeps. I stop in my tracks before looking around quickly, trying to find someone or something. Because I just felt eyes on my back, I continue to look around for a minute before walking off.

I head to the main hall and spot a larger number of armoured men and women than before. The number of them possibly being over 400, maybe 500 ready people. Men and women who are in the far corner of the main hall are tying up Banfor and Dangar troops before sitting them on the many seats that the main hall can provide. I meat up with Sir Kyle and we start to assess the scenario.

"They must have come in through the sewers. That or they had people on the inside of Lidan." I negotiate with Sir Kyle, who strokes his beard and ponders on that thought.

"If the latter is so than we must put guards near the main gates of the city. And question every guard that we have at the moment. We are going to scare the little snitch out of hiding." Sir Kyle suggests and I nod in agreement. I depart from the main hall and go to my house.

"I am sorry Mother, sisters. But you may have to stay in the Moonlit Inn for a while, it's in the residential district." I address the women and they nod before grabbing all their things and making their way towards the residential district. The city is split into 4 areas; Residential, Industrial, Commercial and Remedial. Remedial is where all the priests, mages and ArchHealers are. They help with healing and restoring people. Commercial is where the stores and markets are, Residential are where the inns, bars and homes are. Industrial is where the men and women who are brave enough to sign up to work in the army or as a strategist.

I guide my family down to the Moonlit Inn before paying the innkeeper a couple hundred Navec Coins, ordering him to allow my family to have a room with 3 beds and a warm bath. The innkeeper nods excessively as his eyes bulge at how much money I just gave him. I hug my sister's and mother before saying goodbye and walking back home, which takes a little over 30 minutes to do.

I pull up my tunic to reveal my wound that I got tonight, well I say tonight. But it seems that it is already morning, still. I have to report in at 2 as we are having a meeting with the top rank of knights, luckily Sir Kyle was able to tell me this before I went to aid my family. As I get to the main hall I lower my tunic and get in form with the faint ruby wearers, whom are stationed behind the pure gold wearers, Paladins. There are only 4 Paladins in the Lidan army, but together with Tenaga's army there are 10 of them. One Paladin has the strength of 5 faint ruby men/women. So they are highly respected amongst the whole army, The King of Lidan, my father's friend, steps up to the pedestal that is at the front of the main hall. And with a hearty and unwavering voice congratulates us on successfully holding off the surprise attack.

"I would like to thank all of the men and women who are in front of me right now for fighting against the enemy, some of you shall receive a rank up as a reward of taking part in holding down Lidan. To those who helped injured soldiers, I give you my thanks and my blessing. As for the man who alerted us of this sneaky attack. Darren Taver, I give you my gratitude and also something else. I, Charles Lena Dunham, hereby promote Darren Taver to Paladin status." The King tells us and I feel shocked that I some how was mentioned, let alone the part that he just promoted me to Paladin rank. Some men and women pat me on the back of shoulder and compliment me on reaching Paladin.