Chapter Three

I wake up with my back on the warm but prickly carpet floor and the fire just about still alive. I groan and curse under my breath as I get onto my feet and walk over to door, which is getting hammered on by a mysterious person. Rubbing my eye with the palm of my hand I open the door and I've surprised by who I find behind it. "Julia!" I cry out happily as my older sister flings herself at me and I hug her. "What are you doing here?" I ask, clueless of why she is here.

"To see you dummy! Maria, Mother and Lily are getting their bags from the pony and trap at the moment. Father is too busy with city work to come over. Anyway. Enough about us. What about you? You look so different!" Julia remarks, her voice like silk as she steps back to examine me, meanwhile as she does this I examine her as well. Her chestnut brown hair is flowing over one shoulder and her eyes are a calm blue colour, her body is full with curves, topped off with an captivating dress that is a startling yellow colour that almost matches my hair. She's taller than me by at least 5 inches, her skin the colour of gold. Maria and Lily might be the same, but at the same time they might look a little different as Maria always had strong blonde hair which topped off Lily's hair which was slightly duller.

"Oh! Look at your muscles! You make me so proud Darren! I'm surprised you haven't got a girlfriend or fiancé yet." She squeals in excitement as she pinches parts of my skin and I wince as she does this.

"And how do you know that I dont have a girldfriend?" I tempt Julia and she looks at me with pride. I then shake my head and she seems to not care. I hear footsteps going up the stairs of the building until I see my Mother's head peak into the room. She's wearing a simple dress that is brown with the minimum amount of frills and bows as a tailor would possbily allow on Mother's dresses. My father is one lucky man.

Her neck and body is quite slender, like her daughter Julia but more of an elegant and beautiful look than sexy. She's a head taller than me and her hair is almost identical to mine, except for she has hers tied up into small ponytail with the occasional lock of hair that has strayed onto her forehead. Her skin is not pale but a slight weakish colour of yellow, showing at she's been out less than her eldest daughter has. Her eyes are the same color as Julia's are. "Hello Darren. It has been a while. Um. Would you mind helping me with this?" Mother asks me as e tries to pull the bag up onto the last step but fails.

I crack a smile and let Mother rest on my rocking chair that she pulled out of my wardrobe, as I pick the bag up with ease, although it's rather heavy, Julia looks at my wardrobe with amazement. "How big is this?" She asks in wonder as I carefully place the bag down next to the foot of my bed.

"Um. It is actually a door to the next room, it's a joined wardrobe so it has all the clothes in little cubby holes. If you light a candle than you will be able to see what I mean." I fill her in and she does get a candles lights it before going into wardrobe and lighting the driftwood thats in the fireplace. I put on my shirt and go down the stairs to go help Maria and Lily with the remaining pieces of the bags.

As I get downstairs and go to open the front door Maria and Lily come tumbling through, yep, they are still the same as last time. Maria is just in a blue dress whilst her sister Lily is in brown dress like her Mother, their hair is also the same as before. They look up at me with exhaustion and I manage a cocky smile before grabbing the 4 bags and swinging them over my back and going upstairs. Maria and Lily are just behind me as I set down the bags in the other room and bring the first one in before going to the fireplace in my room and putting more driftwood in it and lighting it once more to generate more warmth in the room.

Sitting down on the edge of my bed I look at Maria, Lily, Mother and Julia. "Soo. Not to offend you but. Why are you here?" I ask nonchalantly as I peek outside to see that it's dark, perhaps early in the night.