Setolox - Cold Bodies, Warm Hearts

It was the beginning of December, a fresh sleet of snow had covered the ground making it look like a blank canvas wanting to be painted and given another meaning. A blizzard was coming and everyone knew that, they didn't want to go outside. Work and school alike, everything was cancelled and would be for quite some time.

Inside a cozy "bigger than normal" home a couple were arguing, one who knew they were right and the other refusing to believe so.

"Ty, I am NOT letting you go out there!"

"Seto, you know I have to!"

Seto huffed, they had been arguing about whether Ty should go out or not, they needed more food and wood for their fireplace, all before they got snowed in from the blizzard. Seto was anxious, he didn't want his lover getting hurt, the blizzard was coming soon and he was worried for Ty's safety. "What if you get hurt?!"

"Seto, I NEED to go outside! It's not snowing that bad, i'll be fine!"

"Y-you can always get hurt! I-I'll go out!"

"Seto, you're ethereal, you can't go out there."

This time Seto sighed, he knew his lover was right, he was way too delicate to go out in the snow for too long, even if he had on what Ty was wearing. Two jackets, three coats, seven pair of socks, five pairs of gloves, and snow boots. Seto was confused on how Ty wasn't panting and sweating inside their house right now.

"Seto, let me go, i'll be back in an hour..."

"...O-okay, just...Don't get hurt, please!"

With a smile Ty pecked Seto's lips and ruffled his love's hair. Opening the front door he turned around. "I promise, I won't."

And with that, he left.

________________

It had been forty minutes since Ty had left and Seto was curled up by the fireplace watching TV and drinking hot cocoa.

He wasn't really paying attention to what was playing on the TV, he was more focused on the fire. He'd always loved siting near a fireplace, while it reminded people of summer, for camping reasons, or of winter, for heating reasons, it reminded him of autumn.

Autumn had always been his favorite season, spring was allergy season, in summer he was expected to get out of his library and go swimming, while winter was too cold for him. Autumn was the perfect time for reading, relaxing, just being lazy. He loved the smell autumn brought and fire easily reminded him of that, the crackling of the fire reminded him of the crunchy leaves below his feet whilst on the way to town. The sound of the fire was just mellifluous to him.

He finished his cup of cocoa and went to the kitchen to put his cup away. Going back to the fireplace and curled up and sighed.

'Less than half an hour left, he'll be fine...'

_________________

Ty was freezing, the blizzard started not too long ago and he hated every but of it. Ty was positive he was was lost and that's not the best situation to be in inside of a blizzard.

He knew he was somewhere in town, Ty just couldn't just figure out where, everywhere he looked, or at least tried to look, was just white and he didn't want to trip over anything. Running into something he fell down and rubbed his head. He was about to swear when he noticed a door open, crawling inside and looking around his noticed he was at the grocery store.

"Finally..."

_________________

An hour and thirty minutes had went by and Seto was extremely worried, Ty said he'd be back in an hour and it had been more than double that time. The blizzard was blowing hard, absolutely raging. It didn't help that their house was located near the woods and away from town.

Once he heard soft knocking at the door he shot up and rushed to the door, unlocking it and swinging it open as fast as he could.

Ty stood at the door grocery and wood in his hands, shivering hard and face red. Seto was quick to pull him in and shut the door tight. Hugging Ty tightly he also kissed him. The kiss was ephemeral but Seto didn't mind since Ty's lips were frozen.

"T-Ty, are you okay?! Where have you been?!"

"S...o...c-col..d...."

Dropping the items on the ground his voice was shaky; barley getting those two words out.

Seto escorted him to their bedroom and helped him change out of his snow covered clothes and into some pajamas. Grabbing some blankets Seto guided Ty to the fireplace and wrapped all of the blankets around him.

Going into the kitchen Seto poured a cup of lemon balm tea he had made earlier, due to being worried about Ty, and dashed over to Ty while being careful not to spill the tea. After he gave tea to Ty he walked over to the groceries, put them away, and added wood to the fire.

Once Seto was done he cuddled up next to Ty, kissing his cheek causing Ty to smile.

"You know, I hope you have a cold."

"What?! That's mean, Seto!"

"I told you to not go out."

"If I have a cold it's gonna be my priority to give you one too."

"Oh, don't you dare!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Prompt used: It's the middle of winter, it's snowing, and Person B went out to do some errands and by the time they come home, they're so cold to the point they can hardly move. Person A makes them warm tea, wraps them up in a blanket and holds B in their lap until they warm up. from otpprompts

Words: 883

head cannon: Seto always makes tea when ever it's available

Allriighhtttyyy, Alley, I hope you enjoyed!