Chapter 14: The Viper

Notes from the author: Nyssa comes face to face with Beth's dark side, "The Viper." Happy Reading!
When Nyssa wakes up, she finds herself chained to a wall. She also finds out that she has a busting headache and that she's in a basement.
"Well, nice to see you woke up sleepy head." A female voice said, as a woman stepped out of the shadows decked out in all green.
"What kind of get up is that, Beth?" Nyssa asked.
"Here I'm not Beth. I'm the Viper." Beth replied.
"Good for you. Now would you mind unchaining me?"
Viper shakes her head, "you must pay for your wicked ways."
"God I hate vigilantes sometimes."
***
Oliver, Connor, and Laurel were sitting in the living room eating take out food. Connor was asking his Dad about the explosion that was supposed to have take his life while Laurel was picking at her food.
"So if you weren't in the car when it blew up who was?" Connor asked.
"Connor Lance Queen?" Laurel warned.
"It's ok Laurel I don't mind answering the question." Oliver replied.
"I wasn't inside the car when it blew up. But my friend was."
"Did you find the man who killed him."
"Connor?!" Laurel said with a huff.
"What is it?" Connor asked.
"Stop harassing your father with questions and eat your dinner."
"Yes ma'am."
"Hey buddy, how about you take your food up to your room and let me and your mom talk." Oliver suggested.
"Ok." Connor says and does as he told and goes up to his room. Oliver waits until he hears Connor's door shut before speaking.
"Is everything alright with you?"
"I'm fine. I just want you to be comfortable since your back." Laurel tells Oliver.
"I'm fine. The question is are you." Oliver stated.
"I told you I am."
"You say one thing while your head says another. You can be honest with me."
"I know, but I not use to this. I should be after you being maroon on an island for five years. Your battle with Ra's. But this time I thought for sure you were dead and I believed it so much I pushed you out my life." Laurel admitted.
"Is that why your upset?" Oliver asked.
"No, I'm upset because I stop believing you would return to me. That I would see you again. Kiss you. Hold you in my arms and believe if only for a moment that everything was alright."
"I'm here now." Oliver tells Laurel and embraces her.
"I'm afraid its not enough. Laurel says sadly. "Its not enough."
***
Nyssa was breathing heavily as Viper clean herself of Nyssa's blood.
"My will is strong. It will take more than cut and beating me to break my spirits." Nyssa tells Viper.
"Is that so...because I know someone who can break your spirits as matter of fact I know serval people who can break your will." Viper said and then transforms into Sara.
"Your not her! My beloved Sara is dead." Nyssa said, telling herself more than telling Viper.
"Maybe I should pull out.." Viper said as Sara.
"...the big guns." Viper finished as Laurel.
"Damn you Viper." Nyssa spat.
"Now, now, didn't your mother ever tell you that swearing is wrong?" Laurel asked with a tease in her voice.
"I will not break!" Nyssa shouted.
"Not even if I tell your deep dark secret?" Laurel walks over to Nyssa and touches the assassin's jaw. And just as Viper expected, Nyssa didn't flinch.
The touch was like silk and warmed Nyssa's soul, but she had to be strong because Viper was testing her.
"I don't know what you're talking about." Nyssa responds coldly.
"You have feelings for me. But I don't share the same desire."
"Liar!" But Viper had turn back and walked out of the basement and didn't hear her.