Chapter 8

When Carrie woke up the next morning, she was face down in something soft and silky. Softly moaning, she rolled over and stared at the ceiling. "Finally awake?" A masculine voice teased quietly. She jumped, instinctively reaching for her gun. She rolled over and saw a pair of soft blue eyes at her level. "Ryder!" She took in a soft gasp of breath. "Good morning, sleepyhead." He tutted, clicking his tongue disapprovingly. She groaned, rubbing her eyes. "What happened last night?" She asked in a foggy voice. "Can't remember?" He scoffed. "I walked into the bar and I saw you lip locked with some guy. I figured that wasn't like you, so I tried to pull you two apart. You made a blind attempt to shoot me, so I took your gun and put you in my car. You passed out about halfway here."

 He frowned. "You still had your badge on too." He added. She groaned, slapping herself hard. "I'm such an idiot! Wait, where is here exactly?" She complained aloud, then asking the question with a note of curiosity. "Don't be a dumb ass. This is my apartment." Ryder replied. "Oh." She said simply, rubbing her pounding head. He instantly looked concerned. "How bad of a headache do you have? You want some Advil?" He questioned, sitting up. She sat up as well, looking around. "Yes, please." She sighed, standing and exiting what she now realized was his bedroom. Her phone vibrated in her back pocket and she saw an odd text.

UNKNOWN:

Good morning, Carrie. I see that you had fun at the bar last night. You look just like your father. I bet you would still look like him if you burnt to death.I know the fact you never caught me haunts you every day. I know where you live, I know you're at your partners house right now. Have a good day, detective.

She gulped, instinctively glancing at the door before sending a text back.

CARRIE:

What do you want with me, you sick bastard?

UNKNOWN:

Everything, dear.

She was torn out of her conversation by Ryder asking from a distance, "How many pills?" "Two,please." She called. She staggered over to the couch, too dazed to notice Ryder slipping an unfamiliar phone into his back pocket. Here was her father's murderer, openly taunting her about something that she had never gotten over as a young child, let alone to this day. Ryder plopped down on couch next to her, holding a glass of water and two pills. "Thanks." She said, downing the pills with a sigh.

"Is something wrong?" Ryder asked, pursing his lips in curiosity. "hm? oh, nothing's wrong." She answered almost immediately. He seemed to want to argue his point, but kept his mouth shut. "We should get to work soon." She grunted,standing up. "Yeah." Ryder agreed. They eventually went to work.

--------------------

Short chapter because of TERRIBLE writers block

nikki picture

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwj35_rz68jKAhWINj4KHV1KDNUQjRwIBw&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwall.alphacoders.com%2Ftags.php%3Ftid%3D731&psig=AFQjCNFJ4oK4ggYzxUrDyIlaSp3T7Jq_pg&ust=1453944585502587