The First Day of School

New job today, you thought as you stood outside the school building. Right, be sure to make a good first impression. You took a deep breath, closing your eyes a little as you did so, steeling yourself for the busy day you knew was to come.
  Earlier that day, you had decided that you would try your best to be a great science teacher. This happened a lot on the first days of school years. You would be incredibly determined, and aspire to high things. You thought to yourself now that you would not once disappoint the principal, you would do any and all assigned paperwork on time, all while being an approachable mentor.
  And then you bumped into someone, spilling their coffee, and causing them to drop all their papers. So much for good first impressions.
  "I am so sorry! Let me help you with that."
  "No, no it's fine," said the woman you'd inconvenienced. "I've got it. Besides, we'll be late for class soon."
  But you'd already crouched low to the ground to pick up the papers, napkins in hand. Soon, you'd successfully collected the dry-ish papers and arranged them into a somewhat neat stack. Standing back up, you handed them to the other teacher. "Again, I am very, very sor-"
  And then you looked at her. Her smooth, short hair was a dark, chocolatey brown. She had a small button nose, and large round eyes. Her smile was charming and dimpled. And her dimples were adorable. You wondered for a moment if anyone was actually allowed to be so adorable.
  Noticing that you'd stopped talking, the woman seemed to assume it was because you were nervous. "Oh, don't worry. The kids here are actually pretty well-behaved. Some of them. Most of the time." She held out her free hand. "I'm Clara Oswald, the English teacher."
  "I'm the new science teacher, (f/n) (l/n)." You said, taking her hand and shaking it. "Uh, nice to meet you."
  "Yeah, you too."
  You grinned stupidly. Right then and there, you became completely smitten with Clara Oswald.
  The late bell rang suddenly causing you to remember where you were. "Oh! Um, bye!" You said quickly as you speed walked down the hall.
  "Bye!" she shouted, walking in the opposite direction.

  Clara had only just arrived to her class in time. Most of the kids were there, a few only just coming in. She gave them a warning, saying that she wouldn't mark them late this time, but she would if it ever happened again. She thought she heard one of them remark about how she herself had been late, but decided not to worry about it just then.
  She was about to start class, having quickly gotten her things into place when someone knocked at the door. She opened it, poking her head out to ask, "Who is it?"
  "Hi," you said. "Me again."
  "What can I do for you?"
  "Sorry but, ah, would you happen to be able to direct me to the science classroom?"