The TARDIS

"What is it, Doctor?" cried Clara upon entering the TARDIS. "Because that was just going really well, and if this isn't really, actually important-"
"Ah, so you did know what I meant when I said I approved," The Doctor spun around to face Clara with a light smile.
"What? I-" she stopped herself, running toward the console so as to stand nearer to the screen hanging over it. "Stay focused, Doctor. What did you ask me here for?"
"Right," said the Doctor, coming back to earth, or TARDIS, as it were. "Yes, look at this." The Doctor turned the screen in Clara's direction.
"Okay, that's Tommy Smith." She stared at the image of the boy, whose silhouette was for some reason tinted red on the screen. "What's so bad about him?"
"I've been getting some very strange readings from him."
"So? What does it mean?"
He turned his head to her. "You might have an alien student in your school."

*****

You sat on the couch for a few minutes, quietly wondering what could have happened. You fidgeted with your fingers nervously. Was it bad? It couldn't be good with the tone that Clara's friend had used. What if they were in trouble?
The door slammed open for the second time, and you were pretty sure that you almost died.
"We're back!" cried Clara. "Sorry about that."
You exhaled, relived that she was okay, and that the person who'd opened the door hadn't turned out to be some crazy serial killer. "What exactly was 'that'?"
"Erm." She looked to her grey-haired friend nervously.
"Shoes!" he cried. "It was for shoes! Clara needs new heels, as she's been clinically diagnosed with being extremely vertically challenged. It's quite sad, really. She doesn't like to talk about it."
You raised an eyebrow.
"Doctor!" Clara exclaimed.
"What? What did I say?" You looked at his face, genuinely confused as to how he could be so genuinely confused.
"Okay (f/n), we're gonna show you something," she said. "And it might be a little...weird. Please don't freak out, alright?"
You furrowed your brows, feeling somewhat reluctant to see whatever it was she was going to show you, even though some curious part of you really did want to know. "Yeah. Okay," you said.
You got up and grabbed your jacket. She opened the door and took you by the hand, pulling you outside. The Doctor led the way. You expected the walk to be a fair bit longer than it was, but it only led to a grassy area in front of Clara's apartment building. You neared a blue telephone box, you wondering how it had got there, as you were almost completely sure you hadn't seen it there earlier.
"This is the TARDIS," the Doctor stated.
"You mean that blue phone booth thing?" you asked.
"Police box, actually." He pointed up at the lit sign above the doors, which read 'Police Public Call Box'.
"Okay. But what's so shocking about it?"
"Come on," the Doctor muttered. He opened the creaking doors, letting you and Clara follow.
"Excuse me for asking, but how are we all gonna fit-" Your eyes found the vast interior of the thing, roving around and bouncing off every wall.
"Oh."