Movie Night

You knocked on the door to Clara's house. You checked the number on the door for the third time. Yup. Right one. You shook your head, mentally criticizing yourself for worrying too much about small things.
The door opened. "Hi!" greeted Clara. "Thanks for coming!"
You smiled a little shyly. This was only the second time you'd actually been to her house, and when you were there, you couldn't help but feel a sense of intimacy about your meetings. It was probably just you, but you felt like her inviting you into her house was like her letting you know something about her that a lot of other people didn't. House visits always felt to you like someone was revealing more of themself.
"Coming in?"
You nodded, doing so. "Can I hang up my coat here?" you asked.
"It is a coat rack. Sure you can," she said.
You hung up your coat and took off your shoes, Clara going into the living room. You could faintly hear a male voice, and then her giving a response. Is she telling him off? you thought.
You stepped into the living room a few minutes later to find Clara and someone unexpected. That was really the only way you could think to describe him. He had unexpected hair, an unexpected clothing style, and highly unexpected eyebrows.
"Who's this, Clara?" he asked, seemingly equally bemused with you as you were with him. He definitely didn't look like someone you would've immediately thought to be friends with Clara.
"A friend," she said. "The one I told you about, remember?"
"Oh. Alright."
"Hi," you said hesitantly.
He waved. "Come over here, I'd rather get this over with as quickly as possible."
Clara jabbed him in the side. "Behave," she hissed.
You sat down next to Clara. "So, what're we watching?"
She smiled as she turned on the television. "Pride and Prejudice."
"Oh," you said. "I've heard it's good."
"Oh, it is."
The Doctor snorted. Clara gave him a look.
But I think the night itself will be much more interesting than the movie, you thought, looking over at the people you were with.