Damn Electricity

Happy New Year Guys! =D sorry I'm late hehe

Cloud's POV

I watched as Alvin rounded up the survivors as he and the squad asked what possible routes we should take to get out of here easier.

I was happy that there were a lot of survivors but deeply devastated that we had lost 2 of our members... and possibly my brother.

No! Aaron can't die. He's fine, he is the pessimist and I'm always optimistic. I don't know why I was thinking the way I was.

He's a fighter and he'll be able to bring back Ellone and the little girl.

He can do this. He's never failed before but we've never had a mission like this. Here I was again, thinking so negatively.

I was worried but I had utter faith and belief that my little brother can do this but that didn't stop my instincts to protect Aaron.

It's always been me and him against the world and it feels like I've left him to literally be eaten.

This wasn't right.

I'll help escort the survivors to the top and then I'll come back to look for Aaron. It may be a lost cause but Aaron was right. I couldn't just rest until I see him dead for sure.

I won't forgive myself if Aaron died especially like this. Mom or dad would never forgive me also. They protected us so that we could live happy lives, I never thought we would be risking it for others. I'm sure they were proud that we were protecting others and I'm sure they're happy with Aaron, he's finally wanted something so much that he was willing to fight for.

Clearing my thoughts, I watched and looked out for any of those monsters lurking around.

I planned to look for Aaron and Ellone by myself but with the way Edward kept sticking to me like glue wasn't good.

It's like the knucklehead already knew what I was thinking of doing.

I won't have him get involved with this though, even if he is my brother's best friend. I'd rather worry about myself than have trouble protecting someone else.

I noticed that a young scientist also eyed me suspiciously. I don't know why but she looked like she was giving me a close inspection. She was pretty young to be a mad scientist, not much older than Ellone I'm sure. They were probably one of the youngest scientists I've ever seen, most of them were old or they looked old because of all the stress they get from their work.

She stayed near me and Edward with the little children following her every move, poor little ones. I guess she was looking at me for reassurance that I'll keep them safe.

I gave her a friendly smile that she just blinked at and then she looked away.

Okay... she's such a grump.

Not even a tiny smile back.

Well I guess she does have a point... who in their right mind will smile at a time like this?

It wouldn't be right to reassure her that they were safe because as long as we're down in this hellhole... nobody was safe.

I tried to keep my head where it should be. I can't allow anything to happen to the children. We were close to our escape route, only a couple more and we'd be out of here. The radios weren't picking up a signal, we were too far down, I hope Red was doing better than we were. I hope he was safe up there.

The young 'grumpy' scientist was in fact one of Ellone's friends... at least that's who I think she was. I've seen her a couple of times with Ellone when I go for little errands that my father asks me to do.