Lasers are Dangerous

Aaron's POV

I hate that we were walking aimlessly around this danger chamber and with no clue as to where we should go next.

The good thing is that Ellone smells like smoke now... we both do. I guess it's kind of a good thing because Lover Boy hasn't tracked us down unlike the previous times. The bad thing is she hasn't done anything but cough.

It kind of made me feel guilty.
"Sorry." I said without exactly saying why I was apologizing.

Being a smart girl that she is, she understood what I meant.
"Don't worry about it. I'm fine."

I rolled my eyes at her, she better be. I hated smoking and just subjecting her to it felt like a death sentence to me but if we didn't we might as well be dead. This was a lesser evil, a necessity we had to do for us to survive.

"Where are we?" I asked as we arrived at a hallway that was narrow with sliding doors at the sides.

The walls and floors felt different than in the main hallways that we've been in. It had a feel like it was superior in some way, I don't understand why I felt the way I did but I know I don't like this place. I might actually hate it than the other ones and we haven't even encountered a zombie yet or any other dangerous specimen. That's a little worrying.

I just have a bad feeling so I end up looking around the long corridor that had no adjacent doors aside from the one at the end of the hall. So it's either we escape back to where we came from or we escape towards the door in front of us where Ellone has no clue to where it leads.

How she became a tour guide for the children was beyond me. She's approachable and pretty, a thing that kids seem to feel comfortable with but if I were a kid, I'd rather not get lost while I'm on tour. She's the very definition of lost and clueless. For a smart little thing... she sucks at directions. I guess you really can't have it all.

Ellone looked lost for a moment, like how she usually looks when in this place and said.

"I'm not sure... it's too dark to distinguish anything else but you."

I chuckled and said flashing my light at her.
"It's great that you think of me as your light in a dark path."

"Oh will you shut up?! Stop fooling around. I'm really nervous for some reason." Ellone reprimanded that I just rolled my eyes at.

"Sorry, you make it hard to stay focused on anything but you." I told her that made her pout at me.

The darkness of where we were didn't stop me from seeing the blush dusting her cheeks, my eyes after all were special and it could never lie to me... she really is beautiful.

"Can you stop making fun of me!" She grumbled.

I chuckled at her and opened my flashlight.

Fun as it is, I do agree that being in the dark wasn't safe. I'd rather face everything head on than be in the dark without seeing my enemy.

It wasn't a problem for me, I can see in the dark but I don't want Ellone to be defenseless in this darkness so I told her to grab the flashlight I had given her.
"I told you the proper stance. Make sure to keep it in line with your gun." I told her and she nods her affirmation.

The flashlight was a part of the safety kit we bring all the time... it may not be of use to me but it can cause life and death for some. It was a means of signals too, that's why I keep one around for myself as well.