Unexpected Dance In The Rain

Sara's POV

I woked up to the sound of thunder and looked out the window as I sat up on my bed. Rain beats against my window. I got up out my bed and looked at my clock. 3:37. I sighed. I got dress and walked out the house not brothering to grab an umbrella. I walked down the street to the park nearby. I was soaked by the time I got there. I looked around and spotted someone there on the park bench. I walked over to see who it was and I sat down next to the person. The person looks up and I stared. 'Jase? What's he doing here in the rain?' I thought as Jase looks up. He seems to be surprised seeing me here, but quickly got over it.

"Couldn't sleep?" Jase asked. I looks over at him.

"Yeah. Same with you?" I asked and Jase nods. We sat there in the rain when Jase suddenly stood up and walked in front of me. I looked up confused as Jase held his hand out.

"Do you how to dance? If so take my hand." Jase said as I looked at him and then his hand. I slowly raised my hand and places it is his. Jase closed his hand and pulls me up. Jase led me over to a clearing in the park. Jase turns facing me and places his other hand on my waist as I places my other hand on his shoulder. I listen to the rain hearing a soft music in the rain. We swayed side-to-side. Jase twirled me before bringing me closer to him. The rain stopped and the clouds moved away. The moon shines brightly as the stars. I looked at Jase and saw a different side to him. Jase was smiling at me and I smiled. My phone rings and we jumped apart. I pulled out my phone and answered it.

"Hello?" I asked.

"Sara! Where are you?" I heard Joey's voice through the phone. I pulled my phone away and looked at the time. 6:26. Shit! I put the phone near my ear.

"I'm at the park. I'll be home soon. I guess I lost track of time." I said and heard Joey sigh.

"Alright, fine. Just hurry up!" Joey said and hangs up. I put my phone up and walk away. I stopped and turns around a bit.

"Bye, Jase. It was nice dancing with you." I said as I walked away. I ran to my house.