Let's Get One Thing Straight: I'm Not [boyxboy sequel]

Have you ever watched a TV show where someone’s life goes from absolute perfection to absolute hell in an instant and think “Man, that doesn’t happen!”

                Well, it does. Believe me.

                My name is Maxwell Ricardo Quincy. I’m 16 years old and openly gay. I live with both of my parents. They love me and they love each other. I’m dating my best friend Noah Hottie. He’s cute, funny, and loyal as hell. My best friends, Pierce, Owen, and Lacey, are the best people I could ever ask for. My life was perfect and nothing was going wrong.

                But that was last week.

                This week? My parents were in a massive fight and my mom was threatening to move in with her mother, my grandma. My dad was taking out the frustration of the fight on me and my being gay. It only made my mother angrier and now she was threatening that if he didn’t stop, she would take me with her when she left him.

                Noah was acting strange when we were alone together. I had a feeling he was going to break up for me soon. It was odd, our relationship. Noah wasn’t gay and he wasn’t really bisexual either. I was the only male he had ever had feelings of “more than friends” for.

                Pierce was growing more distant from me. He and Owen were incredibly close friends, so naturally Owen was sticking with Pierce, making him also more distant.

                And to top it all off, Lacey’s family was moving to a different state soon. My life was quickly falling apart and the only person I could really talk to about it was moving to a different state.

                The 5 of us were sitting together outside at a quiet ice cream place we liked to come to. It was one of those lately rare moments where everything seemed normal again.

                “When I say weak ass you say bitch!” Noah screamed. “Weak ass!” “BITCH!” we screamed back, holding up our ice cream cones and laughing.

                I liked my ice cream and Owen waggled his eyebrows at me. “Lick it good Max,” he said with a wink. Owen and Pierce were bisexual.

                I grinned and slowly liked my ice cream. Owen grinned back. I snapped my teeth together when I reached the top of my ice cream and he winced. “Jesus you are terrible!” he cried. I laughed and shrugged. “It happens.”

                Owen glanced at his vibrating phone. He read a text message before rolling his eyes in annoyance and shoving his phone in his pocket. “Who was it?” I asked curiously, already knowing the answer by his annoyed expression.

                “Will wants me to watch the brat,” he said, shaking his head. Will was his step dad and “the brat” was his 3 year old half brother. Owen’s family was incredibly messed up but he was, overall, pretty normal.

                “Don’t watch him. Didn’t he bite the shit out of your hand last time?” Pierce asked. The brat, whose real name was Ian, loved to bite people. He especially loved to bite Owen. Owen nodded angrily. “Yea!” He showed off his hand, which had bite marks.

                Pierce laughed at him. Pierce lived with his dad. His mom lived in a different state and had been trying to get Pierce with her ever since the divorce. She didn’t really care about Pierce. She just didn’t want his dad to be happy and his dad loved him more than anything in the world. Pierce got in a lot of trouble and his mom tried to use that to get him back, saying that his dad was irresponsible when it came to keeping an eye on him.

                As Owen and Pierce began to jokingly argue, Lacey tried to break them up before it turned into a real argument. I turned to Noah and smiled at him. “So, do you want to go to the movies tonight Noah?” I asked brightly.

                He began to play with his lip ring, something Noah only did when he was guilty of something. “I can’t Max. I’ve got…something else to do,” he said. “Oh. Okay,” I said, trying not to lose my smile. I didn’t want Noah to know how upset his recent behavior was making me.

                “Hey Maxi buddy, you wanna spend the night?” Owen asked me from across the table. I eagerly turned my attention to him, wanting to hide the sad look in my eyes from Noah.

                “Sure!” I said gratefully. He knew how much I hated to see my parents fighting. He had been inviting me over a lot ever since they started this stupid argument just to help me get away from the fighting.

                After we ate our ice cream, Noah and Pierce hurried to leave. I hugged Lacey tightly and kissed her cheek. She waved with a small smile before getting in her dad’s car to leave.

                Owen and I began to walk towards his house. “Owen…why are Pierce and Noah acting so strange?” I asked quietly. Owen shifted uncomfortably. “Max…Pierce didn’t want me to tell you this, but you deserve to know.” He took a deep breath.

                “Andre Ryan is back, and damn does that kid want revenge on you.”