Let's Get One Thing Straight: I'm Not {10}

***Owen’s POV***

                “Please, please, please,” Lacey begged me. “Lacey, no!” I snapped, trying to make myself look busy by putting away dishes in my kitchen.

                “Owen, come on!” she begged desperately. I sighed and face her. “Lacey, he and I are JUST friends. Besides, Pierce would kick my ass. You know that.”

                She gave me “the look” and shook her head. “I know you like him Owen. I see the way you look at him. And I’m leaving in less than two weeks. If you won’t date him, I’ll hook him up with one of my gay friends.”

                I tried not to glare at her. Yea, I did like Max. But Pierce loved him. He would kill me if I dated Max. Besides, Pierce was my best friend. Dating the boy he loved was shallow.

                “Fine. Do that,” I said reluctantly. Damn I’d like to date that kid. I wouldn’t cheat on him. I was a lot of things, but I wasn’t a cheater. I got around when I wasn’t dating anyone, but I was loyal when I was. I took after my dad in that respect.

                Lacey sighed. “If I do that…can you keep an eye on him? Please? I don’t want Max to get hurt anymore. He’s so hurt right now Owen. I can’t stand to see it,” she whispered.

                I nodded in agreement. I hated seeing Max in that much pain. I shoved my hands in my pockets and flipped my hair out of my face.

                “Okay. Hook him up, and I’ll keep an eye on him.” And if he gets dumped, I’ll make my move. But I’d have to talk to Pierce first and hope he doesn’t strangle me to death. Man that would suck. I wasn’t in the mood to die anytime soon.

                Lacey grinned at me. “I have the perfect person in mind for Maxi!” I mentally sighed. Lacey just had to hook the kid up with someone. “Go on,” I said, nodding towards the front door. Lacey smiled widely and left my house to hook up Max.

                                                                                ***Max’s POV***

                “Come on Maxi, that’s him,” Lacey said as we hung out at the park together. A boy was walking towards us. Lacey had invited a friend of hers here with us.

                We got up and met him halfway. I must say, he was quite attractive. Brown hair framed his cute face. He had an adorable smile with braces. He was a little taller than me with eyes like melted chocolate and smooth features on his face. He was super skinny.

                “Hey Lacey!” he said brightly. He hugged her and she smiled at him. “Nason, this is Max. Max, this is Nason. He’s our age but he goes to a different school,” Lacey introduced.

                I shook Nason’s hand and offered him a friendly smile. “Hi Nason,” I said politely. He smiled right back at me. “Hi Max! It’s nice to meet you! Lacey always talks about you,” he said laughing.

                Lacey grinned and nodded. “Yea, I always tell Nason how you’re my slut!” She kissed my cheek and giggled.

                We went over to the swings and sat down. “So Nason, Maxi’s a huge fan of Simple Plan and Makeshift Romeo,” Lacey said. Nason’s face lit up in excitement.

                “Really? I love Simple Plan! And most people have never even heard of Makeshift Romeo!” I laughed and nodded. “Yea! I absolutely love Change Me,” I said happily. Lacey was the only Makeshift Romeo fan I knew, and they were one of my favorite bands.

                “Yea! What else do you listen to?” he asked eagerly. “Um…I love Pierce The Veil, We The Kings, and Good Charlotte. Sum 41 and Alkaline Trio are good too!” “Yes!” he cheered, fist pumping. “I love all those bands!” He showed me his arm, which had the “Secret Valentine” and “Pierce The Veil” bracelets.

                “No way! How did you get the Secret Valentine bracelet?” I asked eagerly. “My dad is a huge fan and he bought it when it came out. He gave it to me. I love this bracelet. I rarely take it off. It’s my favorite! Do you like Tokio Hotel?” “Of course!” I said, grinning widely.

                Nason and I named bands back and forth before switching to movies and TV shows. We learned that we liked a whole bunch of the same stuff.

                Lacey was smiling and laughed at us as we talked. “I think Chris is so cute!” Nason cried eagerly as we talked about EATMEWHILEIMHOT!

                “Really?” I asked curiously. He smiled and nodded. “Yea. I’m gay,” he said, the smile staying in place. I searched for a joke in his eyes but didn’t see one. “Me too!” I said. His smile got wider. “Really? Awesome!” I laughed a bit nervously.

                He smiled at me comfortingly. Lacey got up and walked over to the water fountain, out of earshot. “You’ve been bullied, haven’t you?” Nason asked gently. I nodded timidly. “Don’t worry Max. I was too when I came out as gay. Hang tight. It does get better. I like you. You’re nice. And you like awesome stuff. We definitely need to hangout more,” he said with a wink as Lacey made her way back over.

                “My dad’s on his way Lacey,” Nason said with a sigh after checking his phone. Lacey frowned but smiled again. “Well, we’ll all have to hang out again very soon!” Lacey said brightly.

                “Of course! Max, let me see your phone,” Nason said with a huge smile. I smiled and handed him my cell phone. He put his number in and handed it back to me.

                He slid off his Secret Valentine bracelet and handed it to me. “Nason, I can’t take this!” I said, trying to hand it back to him. He shook his head. “Nah Max. You can give it back next time we hang out. This is just my way of making sure I HAVE to see you again,” he said with a wink as a car pulled up.

                Nason waved to us before climbing in the car. The driver, a man, waved to Lacey and I before driving away.

                “He totally likes you Max! I’ve been begging him for that bracelet for forever and a half and he refuses to give it to me! And we’ve been close friends for years!” she cried happily, flinging her arms around me.

                I laughed and spun her around in my arms. “Nah, he’s just being nice,” I said, blushing a little. Lacey grinned. “Really? Check your phone.”

                I flipped open my phone and checked his contact in it. Nason<3 ;)

                I blushed again and Lacey nodded triumphantly. “Come on Max, he’s cute!” she said, nudging me playfully. “Yea, he is. But he doesn’t like me like that! He just met me today!”

                Lacey laughed. “Nason’s a very friendly person Max. You could meet him and be best friends an hour later. He’s totally into you! Please just give him a chance! He’s a really nice guy Max!”

                I rolled my eyes at her and smiled. “Maybe I’ll hang out with him on my own and see where it takes us Lacey.” She fist pumped. “Woooooo!”

                I laughed at her and jokingly pushed her. She jumped on my back and I began to carry her towards the swings. “Plank!” she cried and jumped off my back. We raced to the swings and planked on them.

                As we laughed, I let my thoughts wonder. Was I really ready for a relationship? Nason seemed like such a nice guy. Maybe it was truly time for me to just get over Noah and move on.