Let's Get One Thing Straight: I'm Not {23}

***Noah’s POV***

                I sighed as I neared my house. I had gone for a walk to clear my head a little. I so badly wish I had never broken up with Max. I didn’t want to cause him anymore pain though by getting in the way of him and Nason. He was so happy with Nason. I just wanted Max to be happy.

                “Noah,” Brent growled, glaring at me with his friends. I sighed in annoyance. “Stalking me now Brent? Thought I was just a scene fag?” He glared even more. “I’m going to kick your sorry ass Noah,” he said, stepping closer to me.

                I shoved my hands in my pockets and smiled pleasantly at him. “Oh really?” I asked, feeling the dangerous look in my eyes. He smirked. “Yea. And you’re not going to fight back.” “And why would I not fight back?” I asked

                “Because if you do we’re going to wreck Max,” Brent said, smirking wider. “You stay away from him!” I snapped. They had done more than enough to poor Maxi. “So don’t fight back. If you don’t, I promise we won’t beat the living shit out of him. I’m sure he’d love another broken arm.”

                I bit my lip and glared in disgust. But there was no hesitation. “Do your worst,” I said, holding my arms out. I’d never let them touch Max again. I’d much rather get my ass kicked than watch Max suffer like that again.

                Dave and Lucas grabbed my arms and I braced myself as Brent began to beat me. Is this how Max felt? So helpless? I was so close to my house. If my dad went to get the mail, he would see me.

                He punched me and kicked me. Karl took off his shirt and they shaved it in my mouth to make sure I wouldn’t be heard screaming. They threw me to the ground and kicked me more, spitting on me. Brent gave a particularly hard kick to my chest and I gagged as I tried to breathe.

                Everything hurt. I had never been in so much pain in my life. I felt myself bleeding and just wanted to cry. But I would not give them that satisfaction. But if Brent started asking me to cry, I would. Fuck my dignity; I just wanted to protect my best friend.

                I tried to scream as they twisted one of my arms behind me. I squeezed my eyes shut and fought back the tears rising in me. I began to pray that my dad would find me.

                Brent punched me in the face and my head slammed the pavement. I passed out.

                                                                                ***Noah’s Dad’s POV***

                I walked outside to get the mail, feeling worried. My wife was freaking out. Noah hadn’t returned from his walk yet. I was trying to reassure her that he was fine, but I was panicking on the inside.

                I looked around to see if I could spot him and my heart dropped. Oh my god. Oh god. Oh god, oh god, oh god. I sprinted over to the form I saw lying on the ground and my eyes widened.

                “NOAH!” I screamed and knelt next to him. He was an unconscious bloody mess. “Noah!” I cried, shaking him gently, praying he would wake up. He whimpered a little and I gently brushed his hair out of his face.

                “You’re okay Noah,” I said gently, shaking. Fear was racing through my veins as I stared at my bloody son. “Laura!” I screamed.

                My wife came out the front door curiously and her eyes widened too. She ran over to me and screamed. “Noah!” she cried. “What’s going on?” one of our neighbors asked in alarm, coming out of his house.

                “Oh Jesus!” he cried, seeing Noah. “Please call 911!” I cried desperately. Laura was sobbing now. “Noah!” Our neighbor nodded and whipped out his cell phone. He dialed 911 and started describing the situation as I helplessly stared at Noah.

                “God,” I whispered before tears dripped down my face. I reached out and held Laura. She sobbed into my chest. “I can’t look!” she cried. She sobbed harder. “My baby!”

                Who the hell would do this to Noah? God when I found out I’d fucking kill them. No one messed with my son like this!

                An ambulance came and they carefully loaded Noah onto a stretcher and put him in the ambulance. Laura and I got Sasha and drove to the hospital.

                I called the Quincy’s. Max would want to know. I desperately fought back sobs as I explained everything to Mrs. Quincy. I hung up and started crying again. Noah.

                                                                                ***Max’s POV***

                I arrived at the waiting room and Mrs. Hottie looked up at me before crying. Mr. Hottie held her and tried to comfort her.

                “What happened to Noah?” I asked in terror. “I don’t know! I found him bloody and unconscious and…oh god Max!” Mr. Hottie whispered. Mrs. Hottie sniffed. “Someone beat him up. Who would hurt my baby like that? Oh god. I just can’t believe someone would do that to Noah,” she whimpered.

                I froze and felt a chill wrack my body. Beaten up? It had to be Brent. He had threatened Noah when we were at the mall and the next day, Noah ends up in the hospital.

                I sat down next to Sasha silently, my head feeling like it was going to explode. A few hours later, a doctor came out. “Mr. and Mrs. Hottie? You may visit your son now,” he said.