Let's Get One Thing Straight: I'm Not {9}

“The picture! Look at the fucking picture and move you retard!” Owen shouted at Noah’s TV. We were sitting in Noah’s basement having a movie night and watching Final Destination 3. Lacey was sitting on my lap and basically drooling at the sight of Kris Lemche. I kinda was too…

                “Yea you better save him from being impaled!” Pierce cheered as Kevin pushed Ian out of the way, causing Erin to die.

                “Damn dude. She’s kind of hot with nails sticking out of her head,” Owen said with a wink. “The fuck was up with Ian’s scream? He doesn’t scream when he watches his girlfriend get shot in the head with nails but then he sees Wendy and he’s just like ‘ahhhhh you have a vagina!’” Noah said with a frown.

                “Noah, I don’t think that’s why Ian screams. I’m pretty sure he was in shock and then he realized that Wendy caused her death. Or at least that’s what he thinks,” Lacey said, rolling her eyes at him.

                I shook my head. “He should just go after Kevin. Yea Kevin saved him, but that’s what caused Erin to die.” “But Kevin was dying next anyways. And Wendy’s the one that told them the roller coaster was going to crash,” Owen argued.

                “This movie pisses me off. Who the hell kills Kris Lemche?! Jesus the kid dies twice and has, like, 3 near death experiences in one fucking movie!” Lacey whined.

                “Yea! And they kill the black guy twice! Racist bastards,” Noah said, shaking his head. Things between him and I were extremely awkward.

                “MOVE YOU TARD! MOVE!” Lacey, Pierce, and I screamed as Ian stood under the sign. “Don’t just stare at it!” Owen cried as the sign began to fall.

                “Oh…he died,” Pierce said with a frown as half of Ian’s body went flying. “Hey maybe it’s a good sign that Ian died! Maybe it’s an omen for the brat!” Owen said hopefully.  We all laughed as he flipped them off before dying.

                “The ultimate fuck you!” Pierce cheered. “Man, I hate those movies. Let’s watch something that’s actually good,” Owen whined.

                “Princess Bride!” Lacey cried eagerly. Noah jumped up and switched the movies. “I’m gonna get a drink Lacey,” I said and kissed her cheek. She got up and I stood up. Pierce got up after me and Noah followed us as we went upstairs to get drinks.

                Noah tapped on my shoulder and I nervously faced him. “Why aren’t you talking to me Max? What happened?” he asked with a deep frown.

                “What happened is you cheated on him,” Pierce growled. “I didn’t cheat on him!” Noah cried, shaking his head. “Noah, kissing a girl when you already have a boyfriend is cheating,” Pierce snapped.

                I remained silent. “Maxi, I didn’t think it would hurt you. I’m sorry!” Noah said desperately. I bit my lip. “Noah, of course it hurt me. You cheated on me and I saw it. Why didn’t you just break up with me first?” I asked quietly.

                “I don’t know,” he admitted, playing with his lip ring. “But I’m really sorry Maxi. I still want us to be best friends.”

                I sighed guiltily. “I just can’t Noah. You don’t know how bad that hurt me to watch you cheat on me,” I whimpered.

                Running a hand through my hair, I sighed again. “I’m going home now Noah. I’m sorry,” I said quietly before moving towards his front door.

                Noah blocked my way. “Max, please talk to me about this! I didn’t mean to hurt you! I’d never want to hurt you! You’re my best friend!” “Why did you do it? Why did you have to cheat?” I asked desperately.

                “I was just…” “That’s not exploring your options Noah! That’s cheating!” I cried, very aware that Owen and Lacey were now listening to us from the stairs. Noah went silent for once. He didn’t have anything else to say to me and I didn’t care to hear it anymore.

                I shoved by him and out of his house. I was done with cheaters. I couldn’t stand the pain of Noah cheating on me and now I was too scared to risk it with Pierce. From now on, I’d find someone that would treat me right.