II

"You've never made a snowman?" Logan asks, glaring at Addison

      "You've never made a snowman?" Logan asks, glaring at Addison. Addison shrugs.

     "I have. I just don't want to," Addison replies, popping a grape in her mouth. The two sat in a booth, sharing a bowl of purple grapes.

     "Oh, well, that sucks," Logan murmurs, leaning forward. "I was going to have you come over tonight so we could make one. Looks like you'll have to do something you don't want to." Addison grins widely, not even attempting to hide it.

     "Bummer," she teases, leaning back. Logan smiles, watching her brown hair react to her body movement. "What makes you think I want to come over? We just met yesterday."

     "This will be the best winter of your life, Christmas included. If you feel funny about going to a stranger's house, let's not be strangers," Logan suggests. He perks an eyebrow up, waiting for her to respond. She smiles again, playing with her nose ring. Finally, she takes the bait.

     "Fine. Tell me about yourself?"

     "My name is Logan Matthew Emerson. I love dogs, Taco Bell, and kittens. I used to play baseball and football and I was elected class flirt. I've broken my nose three times in wrestling matches with my elder brother and my mom really hates my hair. Holidays are my favorite because I can visit home and see my parents. Family is everything to me and my mother is my best friend. One time when I was little I put a plastic bag around my shoulders to pretend I was Superman and it got stuck which led me to bawl my eyes out to my father. Also, I'm a Christmas lover. Your turn." Logan smiles and points a finger at Addison. The entire story has made her grin like a maniac and now she has to muster up a story that competes with his.

     "Well, my name is Addison Faye Kimmel. I happen to fancy iguanas and owls. Fast food makes me sick but Chinese stole my heart. I've never once broken a bone, but I have jammed a few joints. I really like autumn and Halloween, but New Year's okay too. I have a younger sister called Holly and she is currently in New York for uni. My mom lives in England and my family and I do not see each other. I used to play with sticks and leaves growing up, and one time I accidentally fell in a mud puddle, got up, and when my mom saw, she asked me to get back in the puddle so she could get a photo, and for some unknown reason I did—"

     "Wait, you got back into the puddle for a photo?" Logan interrupts, amusement in his face. Addison shyly nods and Logan bursts with laughter. "That is gold! Keep going."

     Addison rolls her eyes playfully and leans forward. "And when she posted the photo on Facebook, I refused to speak to her until she removed it." Logan's laughter fills the vacant shop and Addison can feel her cheeks heat with embarrassment.

    "Shut up, Jess is staring." She sinks into the booth, hiding her smile. She can't help but enjoy the sound. Soon, she finds herself laughing with him. They look at each other helplessly as they are consumed by laughter.

     "It really wasn't that funny," Addison says when they sober.

     "Yes, it was," Logan argues, wiping his eyes as a chuckle escapes.

     "What's your favorite color?"

     "Guess." Logan stares as Addison plays with her hair thoughtfully. She suddenly looks up, excitement present in her features.

     "Yellow." She giggles. He seems like the type of person to like yellow, she thought. Logan nods, suggesting she's right; she smiles with triumph.

     Little did she know, he didn't even have a favorite color until she eagerly replied with yellow.

-

    "It's freezing out, can we just do something else?" Addison asks, adjusting her black hat.

     "Absolutely. Not." Logan grins and leans down to begin rolling the bottom half of Frosty. Addison sighs in defeat and quickly joins him. The two struggle in the cold air, laughs, profanities escaping their lips. Once the entire bottom is carved, Addison lets out a breath of relief.

     "I really don't want to do that again." She laughs, pulling her black gloves down. She tries to get all the snow off of them, anything to prevent them from getting wet, but it doesn't matter. The melted snow has already set in. She hugs and pulls her cream-colored scarf up to her mouth, trying to keep her entire neck area warm. Logan tsks and places his hands on his hips. His black North Face moves with him. He sports black gloves, a black hat, and a pair of black combat boots. His choice is much duller than Addison's red coat and red rain boots. Logan looks over at her, taking in her features. Her round face is red, an obvious sign of being cold. She bundles herself in layers to keep warm, the only thing showing is her green eyes, black nose ring, and brown hair.

     "The middle half isn't half as hard," Logan says, trying the lighten the mood. Snow falls quicker and harder.

     "Let's do this." Addison smiles, her attitude lifting. They both begin to pack the snow, trying to get it as round as possible. Thankfully, the snow is extremely packable. Laughs, groans, and sighs are released as their goal appears before their eyes. Once the middle is finished, Addison starts the head.

     "You're really good at this," Logan says as he watches Addison expertly pack the snow. Addison laughs and looks up at him.

    "My father and I use to make one snowman for every person in our home, including pets. Once you do that every new snowfall, you begin to get really good."

     "You made a pet snowman?" Logan asks, instantly amazed.

     "Yes, I did. I've always wanted a pup, but I've never had the opportunity to actually get one, for financial reasons. I still want one." She smiles at the memory but quickly shoos it away. "Are you gonna stand there or are you gonna help me?"

-

     "It turned out great." Logan admires from his window. He stirs the cocoa and hands Addison hers.

     "Yeah, it did," she agrees.

    "What're you doing tomorrow?" he suddenly asks. She smiles, cupping her mug.

     "Nothing, but by the look on your face, I guess I'll be doing something." She puts her mug down and leans forward. "What's up?"

     "Just come back here around eight, yeah?" Addison eyes him suspiciously but inevitably agrees.
-
edited by the great @solitarypathways! myself and my readers can never thank you enough.

-edited by the great @solitarypathways! myself and my readers can never thank you enough